Dr. Hankins, and Staff - Las Vegas NV

Before I start... Please forgive my lack of...

Before I start... Please forgive my lack of medical and BA terms and vocab. I got my first pair of implants 13 years ago. At the time, I was 18, and went with saline, round, under the muscle.. around 380CC. They were great, I had them done through the nipple and there was no evidence of scarring. I naturally am "wide" so there wasn't much cleavage. Anatomically... at the size they were.. they were where they should be. Most men and women didn't know I had implants. They looked natural and I liked that...for a while. After 13 years and a developing a yoga practice... things started to change. My right implant was a level 1 CC (slightly hard, no pain) and the left implant seemed to have more wiggle room in the pocket. I swear I felt it do a flip during yoga one day. 13 years later, the space between my breasts seemed to enormous. When I would lay on my back, my implants would fall into my armpits. OK.. time to upgrade. I want silicone, and I want them bigger... certainly closer together. I went in for a consultation with Dr. Styles in Las Vegas. He seemed good, was recommended from a friend, and was giving me a good deal, However something didn't feel right. I found this site (real self) and started researching surgeons specializing in BA's and implant revisions. I was deciding between Dr. Hankins and Dr. Edwards. My gut told me Dr. Hankins. I went in for a consultation and met with Bambi his nurse. She is amazing... The options I had for my specific situation were
1- use a larger silicone implant, 550 CC to fill in my VERY stretched out pockets, and keep them "wrapped/pushed together for 6 weeks hoping my sides will heal and naturally close (as i heal) or
2- use silicone implants slightly smaller but also sew up the sides pockets... which is a tough surgery, with iffy results.
I went with option 1. I am 1 week post op today and they are looking great. BA revision is a cakewalk if you have already gone under the muscle.. in my opinion. Even adding a much larger implant, my pockets were so stretched, they didn't have to do much adjusting. I am so glad I listened to Bambi and Dr. Hankins on the size (550CC scared me, and sounded huge) and also not sewing the sides. Already, they are incredibly soft and I don't have much swelling. My overall experience with their team has been great. I would recommend Dr. Hankins to friends, family, and anyone thinking about having a BA or revision.
Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Hankins and his staff were professional and polished. They made me feel comfortable and certain about the options and the decision I finally made. The staff answered countless emails from me with no "annoyance." I have had a history of serious staph infections for the past 8 years. They were very cautious yet made me feel calm with the precautions we both needed to take to prevent an infection. (So far so good.) They have 2 offices which made it easier for consultations and pre-op appts. I would recommend Dr. Hankins to friends, family and anyone considering a BA or a revision. I start my scar treatment next week in office.

Glad you found RealSelf helpful and are now sharing your story here! Do you think you'll wear a bra at night for a while to keep your sides from stretching out? Or is that not necessary? How exciting to have a nice cleavage after many years of your breasts being far apart. Congratulations!

Honest confession. 13 years ago.. I absolutely wore those sports bras for a long time, then I wore the no underwire bras... once I hit about the 6 year mark... I didnt ever wear a bra, my boobs weren't distasteful. Dr. Hankins wants these pushed together... and I'm following the drs orders. I typically sleep nude. and Im not a bra fan... let alone a bra and ace bandage fan. Long story short. I think I will sleep with a sports bra. my only complaint at the moment is that it is digging into my left stitch and is extremely tender.

I agree that it's not comfy sleeping in a bra but it might be worth it. Although your last implants lasted 13 years so that's pretty good! How is the left stitch feeling these days? Hope you are doing well!

I am 2.5 weeks post op. I started the silicone scar treatment Monday. Hoping to heal as well this time around as I did the first (through the nipple, using maderma)... ( there was no trace of a scar or incision) these strips are 50$ a week, I go in once a week to swap them out. I can't believe how soft they are already compared to my saline implants. The second time around.. Having already gone under the muscle.. Really is much easier, they look and feel great.. I'm just keeping them wrapped up hoping they stay close. I'm going to plan on wearing a sports bra.. Or a bra for that matter... Long term this time. I love the fullness on the sides and am glad I didn't have them sew the side pocket. I'll upload photos soon. Wondering if you ladies had an opinion on sports bras... I'm guessing the sports bras with "cups" is one I should avoid ? Since I'm not trying to keep them separate?

Here is a link to general post op bra suggestions. Sounds like many women prefer the Champion sports bra. Post your photos when you have a chance. They often create more engagement around your review!