Re: Box Flu Symptoms - Las Vegas, NV

I have been reading with interest everyone's...

I have been reading with interest everyone's comments who have had Botox injections. The reason it is so interesting to me is because this is the second time I have had Botos, 18 units, and I have felt ill, flu like symptoms.Last night I had a lot of anxiety, upset stomach, fatigue and a general listlessness, except for the anxiety.

I beleive that these symptoms are related to Botox. I felt fine before the injections a week ago. So, I am hoping that these symptoms will abate as the botox wears off. One of the annoying aspects of these symptoms is that I don't feel that I have the energy to go to the gym. I usually weight train five days a week as well as jog. I just do not have that spark of energy that I need to go.

I ahve also been experiencing dry mouth and I crave caffeine. I suppose the caffein cravings are for energy.

I had the injections to smooth out my forehead and also for crow's feet around my eyes. I have to say, those goals were accomplished very nicely so far. it seems to work fast on me.

If this set of symptoms does not go away with the Botox then I will not get the injections again. BTW, I had 18 units this time.

The first time I did it, i had my forehead done. One of my eyebrows lost its arch and actually rounded out. There was some slight sagging but people only noticed if I pointed it out. My forehead felt like it was pushing down towards my eyebrows. Thankfully, that went away. This time, the doctor used less botox on my forhead and morer around my eyes. so far there is no pushing down sensation. However, my upper cheeks feel tight which is not necessarily a bad thing.

my doctor was very professional and friendly. His staf is also very professional and courteous. As well they should be considering the amount of money that they make on this stuff.