13 Days Postop of Full Tummy Tuck, Muscle Repair, Hernia Repair - Las Vegas, NV

I am 33 years old and a mom of two. I am a mom of...

I am 33 years old and a mom of two. I am a mom of 2 kids who at birth weighed 10 lbs each. I am a smaller girl so needless to say, they stretched out my tummy pretty bad. I had a full tummy tuck, muscle repair, and hernia repair. I am a bit frustrated as my scar is higher than I was told it would be and my swelling is pretty bad which makes my incision not only high, but uneven so far. In suits I have tried on, the scar is above most of them :/. WIth my hernia repair, my belly button was black day 1 postop and now 13 days postop, it is still open and oozing serosanguinous fluid. My surgeon is not concerned and says it will be fine and that is not infected and will monitor me weekly since I am concerned about it. I definitely feel frustrated at this point as I don't think I was truly prepared for the pain or difficult recovery as well as the results at this point. I read other people's stories on here and I wish my experience was as good as theirs seem to be. Am I just being impatient or is it really too early to tell? Any feedback would be appreciated. This has been a great site for information during this process and I appreciate you all sharing your stories as well.

Good doc, just hope my results are better than what I see now

I'm 13 days since tummy tuck, muscle repair and liposuction on my flanks. I must day the experience has been great compare to some of the previous blogs. The first 3 days were tough. Getting in and out of bed was difficult. I was glad for the Percocet. By day 4 I started to feel better. Getting out of bed was easy and I started to take Tylenol. The only pain I felt after the first 3 days were low back pain from being hunched over. On day 6 was my first post opt appointment. I was able to get mt drains out because I was only draining 10cc on the right and under 20cc on the left. After my drains were remove my PS put me in a compression garment and immediately my back pain went away. I actually went back to work that Wednesday which 1 week after my surgery.
Today I'm still wearing my compression garment which is my biggest pain but I know it is benefiting me. I have swelling in my upper abdomen and flanks were the drains were and wereI had lipo done. But so far I am happy with my results. I can't wait to see the final results.
Hope you r feeling better just remember that healing takes time and you will look amazing in no time just take it easy. If you don't mind me asking who is your doctor?
18 Day post op and my belly button drains all the time...it's healing though. Chin up!
Your swelling will take up to 2 to 3 months to subside, and I've been told 6 or 12 months for final results. As far as incision being high mine is real low and still shows some as well. This might change as more swelling goes down.