13 Days Postop of Full Tummy Tuck, Muscle Repair, Hernia Repair - Las Vegas, NV

I am 33 years old and a mom of two. I am a mom of...

I am 33 years old and a mom of two. I am a mom of 2 kids who at birth weighed 10 lbs each. I am a smaller girl so needless to say, they stretched out my tummy pretty bad. I had a full tummy tuck, muscle repair, and hernia repair. I am a bit frustrated as my scar is higher than I was told it would be and my swelling is pretty bad which makes my incision not only high, but uneven so far. In suits I have tried on, the scar is above most of them :/. WIth my hernia repair, my belly button was black day 1 postop and now 13 days postop, it is still open and oozing serosanguinous fluid. My surgeon is not concerned and says it will be fine and that is not infected and will monitor me weekly since I am concerned about it. I definitely feel frustrated at this point as I don't think I was truly prepared for the pain or difficult recovery as well as the results at this point. I read other people's stories on here and I wish my experience was as good as theirs seem to be. Am I just being impatient or is it really too early to tell? Any feedback would be appreciated. This has been a great site for information during this process and I appreciate you all sharing your stories as well.

Good doc, just hope my results are better than what I see now