4 Days Post Op - Minimal Soreness and Swelling - Irving, TX

I am 4 days post tt with extended scar and lipo to...

I am 4 days post tt with extended scar and lipo to the flanks. I really expected the pain to be a lot worse. I must say I am in no pain. I have minor discomfort when I move around. The arnica tabs, trameel and pineapple juice really does work wonders. The first day of surgery I washed dishes and did a load of laundry. Although this is not recommended, I felt well enough to do some chores. I take my pain pills along with arnica, trameel, and muscle relaxers every 4-6 hours. I was able to shower alone the second day. I do have help, but I change my own bandages daily and empty my drains. I am getting a lot of rest and up walking every 2 hours during commercial breaks. I find my recliner is the most comfortable place to be. So far....easy breasy and loving the results so far.

Tummy tuck photos

Irving Plastic Surgeon

My doctor and his staff are awesome. This is the second procedure. I had a breast lift last year.

that is great to hear!! I hope my healing/pain is at the bare minimal as well! If you do not mind, how much did he remove?
Hello, I have no idea. I never thought to ask. My scar extends all the way to my back and I had lipo as well. I've lost 17 pounds in 1.5 weeks..surely he didn't remove that much :) I've had the rest of my staples and sutures removed, so I will be able to post a pic without bandages tmrw.
Wow!! Thats great to hear! Did your surgeon use experal...the 72 hour numbing med on you? Can I ask what oral pain medication did he/she prescribe?
I didn't get the experal. I did get a 24 hour pain shot when I woke in recovery. I will check the name for you when I find my papers. I was prescribed hydrocodine for pain, diazepam muscle relaxer, cephalexin antibiotics and promethazine for nausea. I also ordered traumeel tabs and arnica tabs. They worked better than the prescribed meds bcz they are specifically for swelling and joint pain since I had muscle tightening with the tuck. I also read pineapple juice helps with inflammation. I was extremely nervous about having to deal with the pain, but I'm not having any. My drain tubes come out tomorrow!! :)
Awesome!!! I would so appreciate you providing the name of the shot they gave whenever you are up to it!! I'm really concerned about the pain as I'm also having a BL and possible BA....still have 2 weeks to decide on the latter. The meds that you ordered what site did you use? Please post pictures when you feel up to it...if you don't mind. Thanks for responding
I will check my discharge papers for the name of the shot. I ordered the additional meds on amazon. I only had one drain removed today, so I'm a little bummed by that. :( I'm not in any pain though. I don't need any pain meds at this point. I also had a breast lift with augmentation last year. I'm available for any advice you may need. I'm not sure how to post pics. I need to figure that out.
no problem...you'll figure out picture posting eventually...lol.... how did your breast augmentation and lift turn out? I'm trying to decide if I want them together or have the lift then go back for implant....my husband said do it all at once...any thoughts?
I would do it all at once! Then you only have to recover once and pay for anesthesiologist one and surgery center once! That's about an extra $5000 (at least that's what I paid for the surgery center and anesthetist).
Thanks Heidi...You are right...they actually gave me a quote of 3900 for everything...discounted of course...due to what I'm having done now...... but why pay extra...it adds up!!! Thanks for replying and I hope you are recovering nicely!!!!
Do it all at once, and get it over with. I love my boobs. I wish I had gone a little bigger though. The recovery wasn't bad. I returned to work in 3 days. Heidicole is absolutely right. It's cheaper to get it all done at once. How do I post pics and can I even show boobs on here? :)
Day 2 has been a lot more painful than yesterday, but I'm trying to stay on top of my meds. Hoping to get a better night's sleep tonight! Good luck with your decision!
To post pictures go to your profile and DKNY your review. There is a place to update your review and a little button to click if you want to add a picture! Hope you can figure it out!
Thanks...I believe that's exactly what I'm going to do....get it over with and save myself some money. I think you go to your profile and add the pictures there....the tab at the top should direct you. how did you guys decide what size breast you wanted?
What type pain meds are you taking? a friend of mine would take her meds every 3 hours vs. 4 and said it made such a big difference.
I hope your pain subsides and you get to feeling better!!!
Hi, I hope you are feeling better. The first 1-4 days are hard. I'm 10 days post op and I'm not taking any meds. Both of my drain tubes are out and a few stitches and staples. I'm loving the results so far, so hang in there! Thanks for the upload tips. I will upload shortly.
Glad to hear your pain isn't that bad! In 1.5 day pre-op, so I'll be joining on the flat side soon! Nice to see other DFW peeps on here!
Good luck, you will do well! Keep me posted on your progress.