30 Yrs, Waited Long Enough, Goodbye 40E Hello 38C, Love the New Girls - Lansing, MI

After to close to 38 years of having breast a size...

After to close to 38 years of having breast a size D and larger, it was time to do something to get rid of the pain and the bid boobs. For the last 34 months I have suffered with chronic pain in my neck and shoulders and been through over two years of PT, nerve blocks of the Faucet joints in the neck and final sent to a neurosurgeon who recommend a neck fusion due to the deterioration of c5-c7 disc in my neck. After researching a neck fusion I sought a second opinion and asked the question if my large breast, a 40E could be contributing to my pain and would I benefit from a breast reduction. The answer was yes and suggested they highly recommended a BR before considering a neck fusion.

I had four years previously sought the advice of a ps who told me what kind of documentation it would take have insurance cover a reduction. I was very careful to make sure that I carefully documented all the MRI's, CT Scans, Nerve blocks, PT, OMM manipulation, therapeutic massage, acupuncture, nerve blocks and finally the rash between the breasts and under them and had pictures of the deep groves in the shoulders. In Dec. 2013, I met the ps showed him the documentation I had accumulated and he said there was no question, the BR was a medical necessity and he was sure insurance would cover it. On 3/18/14 I had my BR, lift and lipo on the sides. I have severe allergies, so the surgery was a challenge. I am allergic to most narcotics, have difficulty with anesthesia and I am allergic to adhesives, which meant he could only use stitches, no tape, no glue or anything over the inclusions. The ps said he was confident that he could help me. I had the surgery in an out patient clinic, with no drainage tubes, the surgery went well. I did have issues with recovery and came very close to having to be transferred to the local hospital for observation due to the anesthesia. Thankful, my husband was allowed to bring me home and took great care of me and I didn't need to transferred to hospital. The anesthesiologist did tell the doctor and my husband, I should never have another procedure done at an out patient clinic due to my allergies and sensitives.

This website and the ladies on it have been so helpful and supportive in helping to understand the recovery. I sorely underestimated the time it would take to recover and how little I was able to do the first two weeks. I went back to work after 4 weeks, but only part time for an additional 3 weeks. I am now in PT to help retrain my muscles to the new positions since having gone from a 40 E to currently a 38C. I still have swelling on the left side and just last week the T junction was finally closed. My ps said give it another 8 weeks, before I will come close to my final size. I love the new smaller girls and my neck and shoulders are significant better! I love being able to start to wear sexy bras and not grandma ones.

I am thankful to work with DRs. and to have them notice the change in my posture and recommend I seek PT as I was having issues with extremely tight muscles and being back at work wasn't helping especially being on a computer. PT is helping considerable to adjust to my new posture and help loosen the muscles. I have waited a long time to have this procedure done, my only regret is not having done this 20 years earlier.

Has the pain in your neck & shoulders gone away ?
Not completely, but greatly reduced. I am in Physical Therapy as I need to learn how to move differently. My muscles want to go back to how they have functioned for so long, after to close to 40 years of rounding my shoulders and not having proper posture it isn't going to be an overnight change. It is basically learning to undo all the bad habits of trying to make sure chest wasn't sticking out any further than it already did.
great result
Thanks peedie I am very happy with the change.
I had My HEAVY Things for ( Getting out the Calculator ! LOL ! ) 45 Years ! Since I got them at 12 and Now I'm 57 ! Your New Size and results look great for your Frame ! So Much More Proportionate ! I didn't think it would take this long for Recovery either - but we have to take it One Day at a Time - I Guess ? ! :-)
What is your final size?
Probably not, ps said that I still had swelling on the left. He said give it another 4 weeks.
Hello I to have had 2 fusions if you look at my profile I have included photos of them I had one fusion in 1997 way over due I was in wreck in 1980 first photos I had taken he fused it with bone from my hip so in the photo Level C5-C6 if solid disc is gone then past june I had fusion in C6-C7 he used titanium plate 4 screws I was way over due and had lived in AGONY for years the Last fusion helped But this APRIL 15th I had a breast reduction as well took off three pounds between both breast Good luck to you I to wish I would have did this YEARS AND DECADES ago I have had 4 neck surgerys and 3 lumbar surgerys So I do know how it can change your life. I to had blocks and nerve ablations for 8 years with lots of epidural steriod shots SO MANY CAUSED ME TO GET CATARACTS and I had them removed last summer as well . No one told me this could happen I still have to wear glasses for near and far. But I feel best with this breast reduction was one of my best surgerys for my neck shoulder and back pain. Good Luck on your journey I to had taken me 3 months to get it approved by insurance I had to prove it was medical necessity!!!And then the ball started rolling Im three weeks out cant wait to buy a nicely shaped bra. My goal was to get as much weight off as possible and not be to flat I figured I could add padding if it was to small I have never wore any padding in my bras I had uncomfy underwires. So hoping to stay away from that I know alot of women not ALL were disappointed with there results and wish they were smaller like a D or DD. In my case I searched boobs before and after LOL and still looking LOL. I told my surgeon while he was marking me up MY HUSBAND Spoke out said How about A size C to my surgeon we had disscussed this before and I CHIMED IN well I would like to be more LIKE A BIG B and Smaller side of C.. I in no way wanted to deal with D or DD or DDD any longer. SO I GOT WHAT I ASKED FOR AND AM THRILLED I look as I go by the mirrors mostly side views LOL I think well I got some more time for them to drop and give me more cleavage but I can to get push up bras or padded ones when I feel like I want to be more fuller. GOOD LUCK with your JOURNEY!!!!! Soon you can be added to the ITTYBITTYTITTYCOMMITY
Thanks for sharing your journey. I am very thankful and realize the breast reduction was a better decision than the neck fusion. I love the new smaller me and I am hoping I end up a Small C, big B and look forward to joining the ittybittytittycommuity!