About to Be Free - Lanham, MD

I have been making this appointment for 20 years...

I have been making this appointment for 20 years and finally overcame my fear and made the appointment. I went for a consultation with Dr. Banks on July 16, 2013. I had many emotions going on the night before and on that morning. I was impressed going into the parking garage! No parking fees! I arrived at her office suite and it was very spacious with very helpful and pleasant staff. When I met Dr. Banks she had a extremely comforting spirit. My visit with her was very comprehensive and thorough. We discussed my medical background (in which she had studied beforehand), my goals (she wanted to make sure my mind was in the right place), reviewed her patient before/after photo album (she even shared patients that had minor complications !), the pros and cons of the surgery, my fears, and my decision. She actually spent ample time with me, which I have not experienced with a doctor in many years. Most doctors are overbooked, in a hurry and tired. She was none of the above! I was not prepared to book a surgery date that day, but was required to get insurance approval, but I'm glad I did, because if I hadn't I never would have and Dr. Banks felt that I had sufficient sypmtoms for this surgery to be medical and not cosmetic. I'm still nervous, but feel that with Dr. Banks' background, proven results and the time she spent with me (looking me in the eye with all explanations) that I will be in "good hands". I was also told by the office manager that she is a perfectionist when it comes to stitching. She treats your body like a work of art. Thanks Dr. Banks for sharing your gift from God. I get excited as I get closer to surgery.

Hi Girls 2nd day Post-Op. Still feeling good but I am really tired today. Been in the bed most of the day. Have lost one pound and I had my last BM on Sunday. When did all you have your first BM after surgery? Still no real pain or swelling. Just a lot of soreness and pressure. Maybe because I'm taking my meds like clock work. Also felt feeling in my nipples too! Well that's all for today. Talk to you tomorrow. Love all of you !
Try Werthers Original....they will moisturize and hydrate your throat.
Hi Girls 1st day Post-Op. I'm feeling good. Didn't sleep well last night. Couldn't get a good position and still feeling aftermath of anesthesia. Not really feeling a lot of pain just a lot of soreness and pressure from the bra. And best of all no swelling! My biggest complaint is the sore throat I have from the breathing tube. Feels like a big lump that won't go down. Surgery was over in 2 1/2 hours instead of 4 but I spent a while on recovery. I didn't wake up until 3pm after getting to recovery at 12:30pm. I finally was released at 4pm. I'm glad it's over and anxiously waiting to buy those new bras!! Will update you on tomorrow.
Washington Plastic Surgeon