A Long Time Coming

It has taken me a while to write this however I...

It has taken me a while to write this however I want to first say that this website has gotten me through the past 6 weeks. My journey started in 2011 when I started to lose weight with diet and exercise. I have lost a total of 125 pounds (pre-op) and completely changed my life. I was however left with a massive amount of skin hanging on stomach. I had to fight with my insurance company for a year to approve only a portion of my surgery. I got the word I was approved the first week in April and scheduled my surgery for May 16. I had an amazing PS who has gone above and beyond to help me through this process along with my DH who has taken everything in stride. I am now 11 days PO and feel great I have had really no pain. The swelling is my only complaint (but thanks to this sight I was prepared), and I feel like I have turned the corner over the last few days in recovery. I did not have to have MR in part because I have worked out hard core six days a week for the past year and a half so I know my recovery is a little easier than other because of that. My one suggestion that was a life saver for me was my husband bought a 10 shower head that was handheld so I could sit in my shower chair and get clean. Hope you all continue to heal and have happiness in whatever you are seeking.
Dr. Benjamin Lam

My doctor was amazing I would highly recommend him!

Yay!!! Good for you! I hope you continue to feel well and heal quickly,oh....and Welcome to the flat side, glad you could join us here!
Welcome to the flat side..