Endoscopic Brow Lift and Bilateral Upper Lid Blepharoplasty -Female 59 Yrs Old - Langhorne, PA

Dr. Alan Brackup, Cosmetic Surgery Specialists,...

Dr. Alan Brackup, Cosmetic Surgery Specialists, Langhorne, PA, performed an Endoscopic Brow Lift and Bilateral Upper Lid Blepharoplasty at The Ambulatory Surgery Center at St. Mary's on July 17, 2014. Cost for both procedures including surgical facility was $7,050.00. From the first meeting with Dr. Brackup and Karen in his office, I was thoroughly impressed. They answered every question (none too small) that I had before, the day of, and following surgery. I was very fortunate as all went well and I did not have to take one pain pill, just Tylenol, the first couple days. I stayed overnight at a local hotel (ordered food in - yes I was hungry), and the Doctor saw me again the day after surgery. Then the first week following the surgery, I rested at home (just tired, no real pain)--you spend your time putting the peas on your eyes and head for the first few days (and then a warm cloth for the next few days), and clean the sutures 4X daily. I slept in a recliner to help with the bruising as they told me to. I did everything they told me to (the vitamins, etc). Then I returned to his office on the 8 day following surgery and they removed the sutures (wonderful day!) The obvious bruising took a couple weeks (by the second week I went out close by with sunglasses). By the third week I was pretty good - eyes were still little heavy but I could go almost everywhere (with a little cover up below the eyes), and now almost four weeks later, I'm really feeling back to normal. I think I look ten years younger as my eyes are now round instead of down at the sides. And makeup is looking very good and I don't have that scowl and tired look any longer. Also a note about the Ambulatory Surgery Center at St. Mary's --Michele of Dr. Brackup's and the Anesthesia Doctor, along with everyone there was terrific and as nervous as I felt that morning of surgery, they had me laughing. I feel it was definitely worth it and the best thing is, no one really recognizes anything. It's all very natural looking- Dr. Brackup did a great job and it was worth the hour each way to see him. A friend had her eyes done several years ago and also loved him and the office and I'm glad I took her recommendation.

Fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing.
Glad to hear your surgery went well. Did you have headaches? Did you have the endotines for your brow lift? If so, are they bothering you? Thank you for any help. I'm considering getting a brow lift.
No I did not have endotines. No headaches at all. Just little numbness along lashes and also the hairline which seems to be getting back to normal now. I'm so glad I did it and wish you the best of luck. For me it wasn't very bad at all.
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dr. Brackup is an artist who takes the time to explain everything and did a great job. I was recommended by a friend to him and I also would certainly recommend him.