Routine Microderms and Chemical Peels - Lancaster, CA

I have had skin issues since I was 16 (I am now...

I have had skin issues since I was 16 (I am now 23) and I have literally tried everything. Over the counter products, prescription products, Proactive, laser, Accutane... tried it all. I have had two major breakouts in my life. Major meaning covering my face with cystic acne.

When I was 17 I broke out terribly and went on Accutane. Don't get me wrong, it worked for me, but it caused severe mental issues when I was on it. It cleared my skin up really well, but when I looked in the mirror I didn't see what was looking back at me. I was severely depressed from it and had suicidal thoughts. So I, personally, would not recommend Accutane.

My skin was clear for about 2 years when suddenly it all came back. This time, I decided to go a different route. I started getting a microderm or chemical peel every 2-4 weeks. It worked wonders! I noticed a big difference within 3 months and within 6 months it was cleared up. I still maintain my skin by doing a monthly treatment. It has really changed my life. Of course, I still get a pimple here or there, but NOTHING like it was before.

*My monthly peels and derms cost $80 each. 80 is not what I have spent all together as a total haha.

Do you use any topicals?
Hello Tiffani,
What type of chemical peels do you get. I use to get them but they did not work for me and now I have body acne and am getting ready to go on Accutane, after my major surgery in May, can you tell me more about the prescription
Can you give us details on what type and brand of chemical peels you were/are doing?

Previous review I have had skin issues since I...

Previous review
My skin was clear for about 2 years when suddenly it all came back.

This time, I decided to go a different route. I started getting a microderm or chemical peel every 2-4 weeks. It worked wonders! I noticed a big difference within 3 months and within 6 months it was cleared up. I was also on menocycline for a few months. That helped as well. I still maintain my skin by doing a monthly microderm treatment. It has really changed my life. Of course, I still get a pimple here or there, but NOTHING like it was before.

Congratulations! I'm glad that you found something that worked without using medication. I had a friend use Accutane and his skin turned glassy and he started to have nightmares about flying. I definitely think Accutane is tricky.
Get the derms as well as being on some kind of antibiotic for a couple months. The 2 work really well together. I get mostly microderms, the chemical peels I only get ever 4 months or so. Usually it is derms. I will ask my esthetician what type of chemical peels they are. I think she varies them each time.
Dr. Mary Toft

My rating is based on the service I received from Dr.Toft and her staff.