Too Early to Tell if It Was Worth It or Not - Lakewood, WA

Day 3 & I'm still pretty sore. My right side...

Day 3 & I'm still pretty sore. My right side is very high & tender. It's oddly shapen as well. I hear it's normal, but that doesn't help much. I just want it to drop & look like the left one. I can feel what feels like a crunchy air pocket on the right one as well. It's very weird and I'm not sure if that's normal. It's near my armpit. If this corrects itself & the right side drops, I'll be happy, but right now I'm kinda regretting the whole thing. Please tell me this will go away!

So I'm day 4 or 5 of post op... How does that...

So I'm day 4 or 5 of post op... How does that count work? I had my surgery on November 1st, so is today day 4 or 5? Anyhow. Mornings are still rough & the more I do, the more I feel the tightness in my chest, & what feels like an air pocket rising on the right side. My one week post op appt. is on the 7th, so I'll see how I'm doing then. Not too much more to report. I'm feeling better about the results each day & while I've been told I could have gone bigger, I think I'm happy with my size. (That may change as time goes on, but I do want them to appear somewhat natural) They feel very much like the nursing days when you are engorged. My arm movement is limited & it's hard getting tops on & off. I attempted shaving my armpits yesterday which was nearly impossible. Not only can you barely move your arms upwards, your boobs are sitting there too. It was a terrible experience & I missed a huge area. Here's to going all Natural.. LOL. My husband has been amazing the last few days, but returned to work today. I managed without him for the most part, but got stuck on the counter because I had to climb up there to get the coffee filters which he placed on the top shelf. Luckily my son pushed a chair over to me & I was able to get down. :)

So Wednesday was my 1 week post op appt. My PS...

So Wednesday was my 1 week post op appt. My PS said my right side was still high & suggested some tecniques to help that including wearing the wrap, pinching it downward & masaging. The gurgling sounds that occurred when I'd push down on em' have gone away. Thank goodness because that was weird. It's still rough extending my arms & stuff, but each day gets better. I stopped pain meds after the 3rd day, & returned to the gym on Thursday.. The official one week post op day. When I say "returned to the gym" you may think "she's crazy".. So I will clarify. I'm walking on the treadmill. Nothing major yet. I do miss my classes though. I'm trying not to suffer from "boob greed" as I am technically where I said I wanted to be size wise. It just sucked when I tried my old 34C bras on & they still fit. Of course they were a bit big on me before as I never downsized after I had my daughter & I lost weight, but mentally you don't want to fit in the bras stuffed in your drawer after a BA. So even though I don't HAVE to buy new bras, I am gonna treat myself to one sexy thing at 6 weeks :) For now, I've found some awesome deals on sportbras. Infact, I purchased 4 for less than $10 brand new. Oh & it does feel good having cleavage in a sportbra instead of feeling like a 12 year old boy. I've recieved a lot of positive feedback from you ladies & I truly appreciate that. Each & everyone of you who has stopped by with words of encouragement, advice & compliments.. Thank you! I need to focus on that. We all do :) Why are we so critical of ourselves? Hope you all love your boobs, get the boobs you want, and have a speedy recovery! xoxo

Well, It's been a while since I've been on here,...

Well, It's been a while since I've been on here, so I thought I'd give an update. I went to VS after 6 weeks & was sized at 32DD, or 34D. It's much easier to find 34Ds though, so I picked up a couple new bras that were on sale at Kohls. I'm happy at times and frustrated at others. So I'll just share some of the things I'm not so thrilled about. For one, I'm pretty active and push ups are weird. It makes me feel like a man with pecks when I'm using my chest muscles. I can move my breast upwards when I flex.. Not cute, but I hear it's normal.. My right side has continued to be my problem side. It feels foreign or out of pocket. I don't know how to explain it? I happened to see my boob in the mirror as my weight was on the right arm (getting out of the shower) and it looked crazy. Also, I already have rippling. You can't see it when I'm upright, but when I bend forward, the side view shows some ripples & you can feel it. Last, I discovered that when my arm is raised above by head & I use the opposite arm, I can push the opposite side implant upward & it doesn't just drop down fast like a natural boob. It slowly drops. Which looks really weird. I haven't talked to my PS yet, but will be calling soon. I'm trying to be positive because I know I can be hard on myself at times. Maybe silicon would have been a better option? I don't want to go through another surgery, so I will probably just have to accept it. Unless of course, there is something wrong on the doctors part & I can get it fixed free of charge. I don't know what could be causing these things. If there are any others out there with a similiar experience, I'd love to hear from you! Thanks so much!!
Kenevan

Overall, I am happy with my experience with Dr. Kenevan. I will admit his age scared me at first. The picture online must have been taken 20 years ago. So that's just a heads up. I don't want anyone going in suprised. This could be a pro or con depending on how you look at it. I'm going to say it turned out to be a pro for me as it shows he has a lot of experience in this area. He was extremely patient & listened to my concerns. Everyone in the office was extremely nice. I feel like surgery went well & I'm (so far) pleased with my results.

You look great. I am sure after the healing process and they drop into place. You will love them too even more. Yea, what size did you want to get or have?
I said I'd be happy with a full C & I think that's what I will be. My sister got me a VS bra & it's a D & I fit that too though. All bras run different.
I think you look awesome! It's good you are up and able to hit the gym and do a little something. What size did you go with?
400cc left & 425cc right. Mentor saline moderate plus. Thank you :)
Hey, how tall are you and how much do you weigh? What size bra did you wear before the ba?
5'2" 120lbs & maybe a 34B? Never really got an official measurement after I finished nursing & lost weight.
You and I are opposite. Mine look so large and I was hoping to be able to wear the same bra's. I'm trying not to be too disappointed right now and am hoping the swelling decreases the size significantly!
You just had it done Thursday right? I bet after the swelling goes down that will help a bit & you'll get used to them. Mine felt gigantic at first, but I'm already getting used to them. I didn't see new pics of you, but I bet it's just the new-ness of it all. I hope when they settle, you are happy with your decision :) Best of luck to you Wings!
WOW patient..you look amazing already!! No Frankenboob at all, lucky girl.....lol You obviously chose an excellent doctor. I wish you many years of boobie bliss:-)
Aww thanks Koo! You too!!
You look really good!! I know the feeling of your breasts in your chin. Lol it will go away. Just hang in there. Take pain meds and sleep you'll feel so much better in a few days. Good luck. ttys
:) thank you! I'm off the pain meds luckily. It wasn't too bad after the first 48 hours, but it's still hard to fully use my arm muscles. Oh well. It's the price we pay, right?
Hi there- you are looking really good! I hear ya on the shaving, I'm 2 weeks post op and its still not the same. Congrats. Xx
:) You too!!
Wow! You look awesome!! & just think, it only gets better from here! :)
Thanks so much! Although my right one has creeped back up again since the last photo. My post op was today & the Dr. says that's normal & to masage it down & suggested wrapping it to encorage it to drop faster.
Yeah, it does help. Are you wearing a sports bra or did he say go braless? My ps is one that insists on sports bras....there's been a time or two that I've worn a tank top & no bra (shhh, dont tell anyone). I didn't like it! My boobs felt so heavy with out support! I hope that changes! & I was 3wks post op yesterday....it still feels weird to shave! Is this the new norm?!? IDK??? Lol
I hope not. I know people who are years into this, active & normal, so I can't wait for that to be the case for us! Yes, I'm wearing a sportsbra 24/7
Thanks so much!
You look great!!!
you look awesome, relax it takes time, mine are still up to my chin after 15 days, but I did not have alot of tissue to work with so the skin will stretch and they will drop., I'm okay with mine just relax it will happen... You look great, really you do. good luck and get rest...
They look great, i'll trade you:-)
awww thanks so much.
Post-op day one is considered the day after your surgery, and so today would mark four days post-op for you. You had me rolling with your description of shaving (or not as the case may be) your armpits as it's so, so true, and getting stuck on the counter? Hilarious! But only because you safely made it down. Glad to hear things are going well, and I encourage you to keep taking it easy. There'll be plenty of time to climb the furniture when you're fully healed. :-P
LOL.. It was kinda funny getting stuck there. Thank god my kids hadn't left for school at that point, or it could have taken a while. I still havent tried shaving the legs, but that's because (let's be real) it's cold & I'm wearing pants & there's no action happening over here til' I'm feeling better. haha. Sorry TMI. So I was being nosy reading your profile (not all) but I can totally relate to a lot of the stuff you went through!! It looks like you are doing better & better with each post! :) Oh & I know you aren't on here for your stomach, but I must say, it's beautiful!! I think I'm gonna post some of my bad/weird pics because I have those too & it may be helpful for people to know it's not so great right away. Also, my right one looks different at different times of the day. I called & the nurse said it's probably my muscles & to keep doing the excerceises. I told her thats when it gets worse & seems to ride high, but she said it was normal??