Unhappy with Affirm Co2 Laser Skin Renewal for Sun Damage - Lakeland, TN

I am 44 yr old with sun damage from tanning beds...

I am 44 yr old with sun damage from tanning beds.The nurse informed me of the Affirm Co2 laser for sun damage.I was given a brochure and talked with 2 other associates that had the same Co2.It was explained to me by everyone that the recovery time was 1 week.I would see outstanding results shortly after the procedure that would only improve over the next 6 mths.This was a one time procedure that would reduce wrinkles, tighten loose skin, improve sun damaged skin, any many other results.

Unhappy with my skin @ 4 wks out.This procedure has brought to the surface many moles and skin tags.I was told these moles/skin tags were under the surface of my skin and might go away as my skin heals.Then put on Obagi skin care. Now my face is extra red, irritated and peeling.Will my skin ever be normal again?

Follow up on Affirm Co2 Laser is still NEGATIVE!...

Follow up on Affirm Co2 Laser is still NEGATIVE! Noticing more scarring than ever and skin is uneven and bumpy looking. Did not receive any of the results in the brochure or discussed in the pre-treatment appointments. No improvement with hands and have had several basal cell carcinomas removed. I wear sunscreen everyday all year long.

My hope is that anyone considering this procedure...

My hope is that anyone considering this procedure would do extensive research. Please go to a reputable dermatologist. My skin is so damaged that I feel like a monster. I'll never be the same again.

I'm left with scars, many wrinkles, redness, lots of moles that have surfaced on my face and hands, skin cancers removed from my hands, uneven skin, skin thickness in areas and thin in other areas.

I do not feel the Affirm Co2 laser results were properly explained. The total price given did not include hundreds of dollars in products needed after procedure.

I have had a terrible experience with erbium and Co2 laser. Bumps, scars, dents, fat loss is really serious and I don't know what to do? Please help. Very Anxious

I just read all the comments.... I believe there is absolute hope for you even though it's been a while since your procedure. I have seen extremes being an aesthetician 23 years ... Having had to correct contraindications that were unexpected.. This isn't the norm for sure... I am confident that this can be helped. certainly doing progressive peels integrating microdermabrasion and a cocktail of acids can make a difference... I would not stay on Obaji past 6 months. Find a healing and repairitive line with strong retinol and hydration... Growth factors are amazing in the process of building the skin back up and for healing... After getting a few peels do some deem filler the lifting from that will help with the appearance of scarring.. I pray this turns around 100%
I'm sorry you experienced this. You should have been per treated with progressive peels probably followed by a few photo facials them considered for the co2. This would have been prevented if you had used proper postcare ... I'm amazed at the people that begin laser big bang before ever beginning a program of long term goals with explanation.. I wish I could see a pic... Angelaburch69@yahoo.com
Yes, I have booked my procedure date on June 19th. Have you met Dr. Brett Campfield? Im actually writting a review of my full experience. I've seen someone who has gotten this procedure done by him & they looked great. I'm kinda nervous after reading your review. Have you seem any improvement in your skin? Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Renewmesoon, yes at Laser Aesthetics Body & Wellness on Hwy 64 in Lakeland Tn. I don't know anyone who has received that procedure. Is this something you are considering?
Hello RKB, did you get your Affirm procedure done at laser aesthetics body & wellness? If so, do you know anyone who has gotten the smart lipo procedure at that location?

Hi RKB,

I'm really sorry you are still dealing with this, but glad you are working with a dermatologist to get it hopefully figured out. I looked in our Q&A section to see if there was more information from one of the doctors, but unfortunately there wasn't. You might want to post a question about what happened to you so others know there could be these side effects. Please keep me informed of how your progress goes, I hope it turns out OK for you.

Thanks for sharing,

-Britt

I am very unhappy with the Affirm CO2 Laser. Please know that I only received one treatment. That is all that was offered and I was told it would be about one year before I could have another treatment. This laser resurfacing that was suppose to make me look "10 years younger" almost destroyed my skin. I am working with a dermatologist to remove skin tags and moles that surfaced after the procedure. This even happened to my hands!! I have not seen any skin tightening, no fine lines have faded, area of small pit like scars on right side of face and left side of chin, overall condition of skin worse. Wish I could go back and never have gone thru with the skin resurfacing. I am using good skincare products and will only work with my dermatologist from this point forward. He thinks over time we can remove alot of the skin tags and moles. However the damage can not be undone. My prayer is that it doesn't get worse over the years. Why some people get a very positive result and others very negative is a mystery to me.

Hi,

It's now been about 4 months since you had your last treatment, any changes/updates? Good/bad?

Still not seeing any positive result from the Affirm CO2 laser. Making an appointment with my dermatologist for the skin tags and moles that have surface since having Co2 laser treatment. Obagi is still making my face red and irritated. No peeling. Hoping to see positive results from the Obagi skincare.
I don't know if your skin has improved, but here it is over a year later after my Affirm and the skin on my face has collagen separation/strectch marks, lines, wrinkles, sagging, fat loss, ice pick scars, rolling scars, boxcar scars, burn marks(white), permanent DNA damage, on and on. It is continuing to get worse. My 81yr old mother looks younger than I do and I'm in my late 40's. It is so bad I only go to get groceries, pay bills, etc as early in the morning as possible and never go anywhere at any other time. If your Obagi skincare has helped you, please post to let me know...
I am so sorry that you are having this problem. My skin does not have that level of damage yet. Although I am starting to see small scars on one side of my face. I have seen improvement with Obagi over time and I will continue using this product. Just know that Obagi takes time to work. In the beginning use of the products my skin was red, raw, broken out and peeling. Still have some peeling but improvement. I also had my hands done with the CO2 Affirm as "part of the package" the skin on hands look like I am in my 70's. Very sad! Obagi hasn't helped much there. Good luck to you. I do use mineral makeup on my hands when I go out in an attempt to make them look a little better. Let me know what you decide about the Obagi or if you have more questions.
I would like to warn others...these laser treatments are like pure radiation. It may look good at first, but just wait a year or two and you will regret it. My advice to anyone considering any kind of laser is DO NOT DO IT! When the damage is done there is no one there to help you!!! PLEASE HEED MY WARNING!! SAVE YOUR SKIN!! LOOK FOR ALTERNATIVES!! DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!!
Seems like my face is starting to calm down a little. Finally! The only difference I have in before the Co2 laser is now I have moles and skintags coming out on my face and I did not have these before. Very upset about the results. The Obagi condition and enhance system is doing more than the Co2 did. Feel that I will see some results from Obagi.
Thanks Sarah! Guess I just picked the wrong time of year to start all of this. Wish I would have waited till fall/winter. The Obagi seems to be working. Concerned about a vacation we have scheduled the end of June. I know that I will need lots of sunscreen. The Obagi sunscreen seems to be great! How long did it take for you to see results from IPL?
I'm sorry you didn't have satisfactory resuls form the Affirm laser. I had an IPL proceedure done (series of 4) about 5 years ago and people always guess me to be 10-15 yrs younger than I am (48). Keep using Obagi! It's a slow process and if you read their materials you'll see it states that your skin will be red and peeling for about 2 weeks. That's a good thing! You want to sluff off all the dead, old skin so the new younger looking skin can be revealed. You'll also see the sundamage fade and a clearer complexion come forth. It's a slow process, but definitely worth it. Once you get throught the series (6 wks?), you'll need to continue a maintenance, but I think you'll be pleased.
Dr. B you are correct... too good to be true ! Currently using Obagi Condition and Enhancing System. Will this bring positive results or should I stop using ? It has been about 1 week and skin is very red and peeling. My understanding is this will improve at 4 to 6 weeks. Thanks.
Your issue is a good informed consent was not given to you. That is the risks you take with something that is to good to be true and usually is. From MIAMI Dr. B