I Can See Clearly Now! - Lake Mary, FL

Signed in for my surgery, was given a valium....

Signed in for my surgery, was given a valium. About 30 min. later I was called back and given some numbing eye drops, Dr. Dempsey cut the flap, walked down the hall and Dr. Filutowski finishes the procedure. While the laser was firing to remove corneal tissue it smelled like burning chicken wings! The room Dr. Filutowski was in, was like a fishbowl, anyone in the lobby can watch whomever is having their eyes done. Didn't hurt a bit. I never suffered with dry eyes after the procedure.
Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing with us!

I'm glad everything went well for you. Is there any kind of recovery period after this? Can you walk out and say, go straight back to work, or do you need to rest your eyes for a period?
Thanks Kirsty. Yes, there is. Thanks for the question!

Thanks Kirsty!

I was sent home with restasis and I think a prescription so I could sleep. I don't remember because I didn't do what I was suppose to! You're suppose to go home, go to sleep and rest your eyes. I stayed awake and visited with my friend who had taken me to my appt. The next day my son and I went to Islands of Adventure. I wore the biggest sunglasses I could find so wind wouldn't blow in my eyes.
Thanks Tiki.he was told he would still need to wear glasses for another reason.do u still wear glasses? I dont think he will mind the smell of chicken wings.lol
As I'm becoming older, I do occasionally wear "readers" because small print is difficult to read at times. I had nearsightedness with astigmatism before sx. I do not remember what my rx was for glasses or contacts prior to sx.
Dr. Filutowski & Dr. Dempsey