Hoping to Fade Melasma and Freckles - Lake Charles, LA

I had the Vi Peel done on Monday. It is now...

I had the Vi Peel done on Monday. It is now Saturday, and ya'll, I'm still peeling. I just hope this means I'm going to get good results.

Monday morning: Cindi, who has been doing this for years, prepped my skin with medical grade acetone. This stuff will take your breath away. It didn't sting my normally very sensitive skin, but the smell almost overtook me. Cindi also let me know that she does these peels twice a year herself. She used the towlette on my face that comes in your kit. This is the retinol toilette. She gave me verbal and written instructions for aftercare. I was well informed. I guess you can see the foreshadowing here.
Monday evening: I washed my face with cetaphil, used the toilette, moisturized with the hydrocortisone cream, and started getting ready for bed. If I had known how bad the night would be, I would've gotten drunk and taken benadryl and melatonin. I woke up at midnight itching so bad that I wanted to die. I stayed up until five am when the benadryl kicked in.
Tuesday: I washed with cetaphil and used last retinol towelette. the rest of the day, I slathered on hydrocortisone cream to keep from murdering people.
Wednesday: BEST DAY EVAH!!!! We had peeling, and the rest of my face had gotten really tight. Just like everyone else, it started around my mouth. i used the cetaphil, and I hate it. I think it smells awful. I followed up with the post-peel protectant which burned. That was the last time I used it. I started using coconut oil and switched to eucerin cream that evening.
Saturday: Still peeling and still red, but I can tell that some of my spots have faded, and I do believe I will be doing this again in February. I have a follow-up appointment on Monday.

Week and a half post peel

I'm lightly peeling again, and it's been a little over a week since I had the peel done. It's nothing that I can't moisturize and hide with make-up. All and all I think my skin looks much younger and the freckles are gone. I have some stubborn melasma on the sides of my face that I think will be gone on the next peel. I will get that done in January.
Louisiana Dermatologist

Thank you for sharing the details of your procedure with us.   The itching is the worst!!!  How are you doing after the weekend?

Really good! I still have redness around my mouth that looks like beard burn. The peeling has really stopped. I am really looking forward to my post-procedure visit today. I wore make-up on Saturday, and my skin looked great. I will definitely have another one in 6 weeks.

That is wonderful news!   All up hill now...