Mixto - What a Waste! - Laguna Niguel, CA

The pain was excruciating. I was offered numbing...

The pain was excruciating. I was offered numbing cream and half a Xanax. I had to return to the doctor’s office the same afternoon for excessive bleeding. After about four days, I broke out with horrific acne on my chin and around my mouth.

I had this procedure done for acne scarring and haven’t had any breakouts for years. I was given four days worth of anti-fungal pills and antibiotics. About a week after that, I returned to the office with even more new acne and no visible signs of improvement, I was given yet another series of antifungal pills and antibiotics. This has gone on for two months now.

Today I was informed by the doctor that I should only expect about a 20% improvement in the appearance of the acne scarred areas. Well, that certainly wasn’t what I was told prior to the procedure! I see no improvement in my skin (in fact I have more visible wrinkles/fine lines than prior to the procedure) and have more acne than I’ve had in years.

Would I recommend this procedure? Not to my worst enemy.

Overall experience horrible.

Hi Scar,

Oh my that sounds horrible, and I can't believe excessive bleeding. You posted a few days ago how is your face now? What did your doctor say about any of what happened to you? I'm so sorry. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt