42 Years Old; Botox is a Miracle! - Laguna Beach, CA

I just had botox for the first time about 4 days...

I just had botox for the first time about 4 days ago. I am 42 years old and my skin is in great shape. However, I was noticing I always looked tired. The furrow between my brows was getting more pronounced and my lines in my forehead especially on one side were starting to get deeper. I was depressed a bit on how great I felt on the inside but old I felt on the outside.

Although fearful of botox for years I decided to take the plunge and I am sooo glad I did. I look at least 8-10 years younger. The key, as with any of these injections, is finding a good injector. I look refreshed, not frozen. Natural and beautiful again. Botox restored my confidence and even though my husband didn't think "I needed" it, he loves the result too. Botox, in the right hands, is amazing!!

Updated on July 2, 2010:

Just had my 2nd round of botox this year. I am a 42 year old who keeps in great shape however, my face had other ideas and was starting to let me down. Creams and serums just did not do the job anymore. Botox has taken years off my face. My friends all comment on how great I look, yet no one knows why. I can still move my face and do not have that horrible frozen look that botox in the wrong hands can give. Botox with the right injector is worth every penny!!

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

about every 4-5 months to maintain the same look. Some people go every 6 months.
When do you have to keep going back to maintain the results?
It takes about a week for my botox to fully kick in. Once you start getting it more often it will soften up and go away sooner. Now in a couple days my lines are gone between my brows...it no longer takes the full week. You will love it. Botox IN THE RIGHT HANDS is amazing stuff!
I just got botox between my eyebrows. It was a line that was beginning to bug me. He said it will take 2 weeks to see the results. It is still there so I am anxious to see if it works. I am good so far as far as forehead, crows feet. He did as a trial so I am wondering how much would you have to pay for one line between the eyes. Also, can a dermatologist do the injections or is it best for a PS to do it.
I don't use pain ease for botox as the needles she uses are so small you barely feel it. She does use pain ease for fillers, though. 480.00 lasts me about 4-5 months and I only do my forehead and between my eyebrows. Crows feet would be extra.
Is it 480 every 6 months and does it cover the entire face, crows feet, forehead and line between the eyebrows?
Did you have Pain Ease with your Botox? There was a great article recently in Dermatology Times highlighting two Botox studies from 2009 where Pain Ease was used. Many patients experienced no pain and would request it at their next procedure. I know Dr. Klein uses it for "Filler" as well.
I had no pain ease. No numbing cream at all with my botox. She uses such tiny needles it's not that painful.
I agree with you-I have terrible crows feet and also the corners of my mouth would turn down-a few well placed units takes care of the problem-not fearful to smile now. :)