42 Years Old; Botox is a Miracle! - Laguna Beach, CA

I just had botox for the first time about 4 days...

I just had botox for the first time about 4 days ago. I am 42 years old and my skin is in great shape. However, I was noticing I always looked tired. The furrow between my brows was getting more pronounced and my lines in my forehead especially on one side were starting to get deeper. I was depressed a bit on how great I felt on the inside but old I felt on the outside.

Although fearful of botox for years I decided to take the plunge and I am sooo glad I did. I look at least 8-10 years younger. The key, as with any of these injections, is finding a good injector. I look refreshed, not frozen. Natural and beautiful again. Botox restored my confidence and even though my husband didn't think "I needed" it, he loves the result too. Botox, in the right hands, is amazing!!

Updated on July 2, 2010:

Just had my 2nd round of botox this year. I am a 42 year old who keeps in great shape however, my face had other ideas and was starting to let me down. Creams and serums just did not do the job anymore. Botox has taken years off my face. My friends all comment on how great I look, yet no one knows why. I can still move my face and do not have that horrible frozen look that botox in the wrong hands can give. Botox with the right injector is worth every penny!!

about every 4-5 months to maintain the same look. Some people go every 6 months.
When do you have to keep going back to maintain the results?
It takes about a week for my botox to fully kick in. Once you start getting it more often it will soften up and go away sooner. Now in a couple days my lines are gone between my brows...it no longer takes the full week. You will love it. Botox IN THE RIGHT HANDS is amazing stuff!
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon