One of the Best Decisions Ever Made! - Laguna, CA

The decision was made to correct one eye due to my...

The decision was made to correct one eye due to my vision. I was so shocked with being able to see so well, no blurry vision, colors were vivid. I was far sighted in one eye and near sighted in the other. I had a depth perception problem so skiing was difficult. I wish I hadn't waited so long to get this surgery. I spent years researching various providers and techniques.

I cannot praise my Dr. enough...a wonderful experience.

Charles C. Manger, MD

Thorough screening and exams done twice to verify appropriate vision info prior to surgery. Staff most helpful, courteous and caring. Dr. M. was wonderful and is very ethical- he recommended against correcting both eyes due to my vision. At my age (61) I don't mind wearing drug store glasses for close up work, small print reading.

Oh, Sharon, I forgot. You can contact Saddleback Eye Center and they will send you a DVD of the procedure....it might help your decision.

Or scare me away. ;) Just kidding! I might do that. I've seen some photos but a video would certainly give anyone a better understanding of what happens.

Hi Catherine -- Welcome to RealSelf's LASIK community! Thanks for writing such a great review. It sounds like the surgery was a very rewarding experience for you. Looking back, do you know why you waited so long? (I've considered it for a while too, but I'm afraid of having something that close to my eyes!)

Hi Sharon, yes I waited for 2 reasons ...one was just plain fear and the other was the cost. Waiting wasn't such a bad decision though, as the technology improved greatly and Dr. Manger's methodology was perfect for me. Do it...!