Worth Every Penny!!! - Laguna Beach, Ca

I'm 46 yo and have always felt that I had to...

I'm 46 yo and have always felt that I had to wear mascara to make my eyes stand out. I'm very active outdoors and I love the beach. My active lifestyle and make-up did not go together and as I matured, I realized the more make-up that I wore, the older that I looked. I decided to try latisse... my three sisters were interested as well so, I played the guinea pig. Within 3 months my lashes were long and dark and I couldn't be happier with them! At the beginning, I applied latisse daily but now that my lashes are established, I apply it once every 2 or 3 days and a bottle will last me 3 - 4 months. I haven't worn mascara in almost two years!!!... I love it!!! Not only am I hooked but, all of my sisters and friends are as well. I saw a friend of mine the other day who's been using it for 4 months now and her eyes looked amazing!!! I always felt bad for her because she had so few lashes... even when she applied mascara, it didn't seem to help much. I was so glad that she took my advice and started using latisse... her lashes were long and beautiful and I couldn't believe that she wasn't wearing mascara. Bottom line... I love the freedom of not wearing make-up and love the results that I got from latisse. As long as they continue to make it, I'll continue to use it.

Dr. Henry Leung

I gave the office 5 stars all the way because they deserve it.

I'm sure that you're going to be very happy with the results. I started dying my lashes about 3 months before I started using the Latisse. I was very happy with having darker lashes but, I still wanted them to be longer and fuller. I have to say that when applying the dye to sparse and thin lashes, it's a little trickier than applying to full lashes. For some reason, the mixture (dye) doesn't stick to the lashes very well... you kind of have to gob it on. But, be patient... it will eventually stick! : ) Please let me know how things go!!! : )
Hi Megan... I had my lashes dyed at a salon once and it was a sloppy mess! There was dye all over my eyelids and under my eyes... I was going to a concert the next night and was told that the darkness would fade by then. Of course it didn't and I had to wear tons of make-up to try to cover up the black stains. I love doing it at home... yes it is much cheaper! The first time that I bought the RefectoCil, I found it at a beauty supply. I couldn't find it again anywhere after that so, I bought it on ebay but, I imagine that it's the same thing on amazon. I mix it with a #10 cream developer and I use an old cleaned mascara brush to apply it... it makes it so much easier than using the wooden stick that it comes with!!! Afterwards, I run the brush under hot water, dry it and keep it stored in a straw that I cut down to the perfect length. I'll add a picture of the dye and developer to my review... I hope that helps! : ) Also, I did end up buying the eye protectors to keep from getting any dye on my skin. They're made by the same company. Let me know if I can help in any other way!!!

Awesome - I'm going to order it & try it! Kinda nervous, but really excited!! :)

I've never had an interest in using latisse, as my lashes have good length, but your comment about them being dark and not needing mascara - wow, that would make my going to the gym routine so much easier, not to mention the beach in the summer...hmmm...now you got me thinking about it, haha!!

Thanks for posting the picture. Your lashes look gorgeous!

Thank you Megan! Yes... I love it! My lashes became much darker, longer and fuller but, in addition, I do dye them about once every two months... at home myself using RefectoCil dye color black # 1. I never feel as if I need mascara... even when going out for dinner at night. I tried putting mascara on a few months ago and because my lashes were so long, I took it off right away... it actually looked ridiculous!... like too much make-up!!! If you chose to try it, I hope that you're as happy with it as I am!!! Definitely no need for mascara before hitting the gym!!! : )

Hmmm...ok, this at home lash dying sounds like it might be a better answer for me! I've considered going to a salon to get them dyed, but it just seems like so much money for what it is, I couldn't justify it.

I found the dye you mentioned on Amazon, is that where you usually get it? Any insider tips I should know about before venturing off to try it??

I have long and thick eye lashes naturally and didn't think I would need Latisse. I got a free bottle of it so I gave it a try. I LOVED it! My eye lashes are blonde and I did notice them get a little darker but everyone is different. Also, it did discolor my skin (eye lids) ever so slightly but it was temporary. I chose to stop using it I. 12 weeks because my lashes got so long I thought they looked more like extensions. I continued use 2-3 times a week and still use it!