38 Years Old, 2 Kids, 2 C-sections - Lafayette, LA

I have been overweight for the last 15 years. My...

I have been overweight for the last 15 years. My highest weight was 240 lbs. during my second pregnancy. Being only 5' 2", carrying most of my weight in my tummy, I have finally got down to 160 lbs and have scheduled my tummy tuck and breast lift with silicone implants. I am nervous but so ready for the next 6 weeks to pass so I can get it done. I have put a lot of time and work into losing the weight. But when I look in the mirror, all I see is the fat chick because of my tummy. I'm not looking to be perfect, I just want to see more progress than what I do now. I go for my pre-op on May 14th and I am anxious to find out what he will say about what he thinks my end result will be.

5 weeks before surgery/ 70 lbs lost

Pre-op

Well, I went for my pre-op yesterday and everything went great. It is now 3 weeks until my surgery and I am more than prepared. My bag is packed, meds are filled, I have my last minute shopping list made, and a very detailed list of instructions for my hubby, who is taking care of me, as well as, our 2 kids! I thought I would have been more nervous but I'm not nervous! I'm anxious! And so the countdown officially begins! Whoop whoop!

3 more days...

Finally entering the week of my surgery. I haven't been sleeping very good because I am so anxious for the day to get here. I am so grateful for all of the info that I find on this site. I can't wait to be able to share my personal experience with everyone to try and help others the way these amazing women have helped me. All of the little things that I would have never thought of such as a lanyard for my drains, renting a hospital bed because of the fact that I have a 2 year old, leg massage machine to prevent blood clots, where to buy extra compression garments. Please say some prayers for me to have a safe and speedy recovery!

11 days PO

Wow!!! I am so astounded at the way things have turned out. I was so scared going into this, I like to drove myself up the wall. And here I am 11 days post-op and I am pretty much back to my normal self. To say that I had any real pain, I didn't! It was more being uncomfortable and trying to figure out different ways to do things comfortably. I was up and walking around at 8am the morning after my surgery. I slept in my recliner for the first 3 nights then decided to try out my bed. I was so much more comfortable in my bed. By the end of week one, I was sleeping on my side, which is my normal sleep position. I took pain meds for the first 5 days, then started with Advil during the day and a muscle relaxer at night. I am swollen but I am drinking TONS of water and sticking to a high protein diet. I am sure the swelling will go down soon. I have an appt today to get my drain out. I could have gotten it out on Friday but it was borderline for being able to get taken out so I wanted to be safe than sorry. The weirdest thing about the whole experience for me is that sometimes, it feels like I have things crawling in my tummy. I am told that it is normal and part of the healing process. And with my breast lift and augmentation, I have had some itching from the surgical adhesive. Other than that, no complaints on my part. I am 100% satisfied that I made this decision. I can't wait to see the final results!

Post op pics

Still have a bunch of swelling but the difference is still amazing
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

He has been more than supportive with this journey through weight loss in order to make sure I get optimal results from my surgery.

You look awesome btw:):)
Did you have muscle repair too?
Yes, I had muscle repair. It's crazy now to look down and actually be able to see my abs. I can't wait to be able to start working out and get more defined. It makes me so mad at myself for not doing something sooner! And thanks!
Your welcome:) so how soon did you start trying on different panties, shirts and pants to see the results in clothes? How many pumds did the tt take off?
Lol i meant pounds
About 7 days post op I was able to put on button waist shorts. I'm down about 9 lbs and 2 pants sizes. After the swelling goes down I'm sure I'll lose another size. One year ago I was in a size 20 pants. Now I can fit in a size 8 comfortably. But my PS pushed me to get healthy to get the best possible results. He truly was an inspiration for me to get healthy and fit!
Damn thats amazing! How much did you weigh when you had the tt? Congrats!
165 lbs. at the time of tt. When I went for my first consultation with him last September I was weighing 235 lbs.
Nice!! I hope and pray my recovery is like yours... Thanks for sharing your story!
I have that crawling sensation too! I'm only 4 days post op thought. It's the strangest thing. Lol.
*though
Try to relax these next 2 days!! Things will be just fine, and you will do great! Sounds like you have it all together :-) I'll keep you in my prayers!
Thanks so much!!! I told my husband I feel like I'm nesting with pregnancy! I'm in the sanitizing mode for my house! It will be completely germ free by Thursday! Lol
I did the same thing - sanitized everything. : ) good luck!!
That's exactly what I did for about a whole week prior! Lol...yep just like having a baby! Now almost 2 weeks later with my husband and 14yr old son doing the house keeping I'm cringing...not up to my standards, but I love that they are trying!
Awesome! I'm glad to know you are ok cause I was wondering how u were doing! :)
Got my stitches and drain out today. Completely painless. Although this site has some great info, many stories have scared me. I can honestly say that most of the info did not apply to me at all. Dr. Delatte is awesome and his nurse Maria has been such an awesome support system for me! I had a wonderful experience and would totally recommend it for anyone!
Awesome!! You look great!!
Wow your surgery is already next week! Good luck and I'm sure everything will be fine! I scheduled mine with him for September 4th so I will be keeping in touch to see how you are doing and your results! How exciting to know its so close!
The only thing I am nervous about is that he is on vacation the next week so I have to see his partner! I have such a great relationship with Dr. Delatte, I'm scared to see anyone else! But I am ready for Thursday to get here! And I will update as much as I can! Give you as many pointers and tips that I can! I so glad you were able to schedule yours! He is a wonderful surgeon! I can't wait to see my results! Now to just wait!
I'm sure Dr. Mes is great too! Don't worry! Just think about your end results! Good luck again!
Hey! I know you're getting anxious! Tomorrow I will be 10 days post op...feels like just yesterday I was in your shoes! Check out my profile for advice! Also...a lift chair (the remote control recliners) has saved my life! I'm still sleeping in mine! Last note...set a timer for your medication and take it 15-20 minutes early so that it doesn't wear off, also take your muscle relaxers! Trust me...if you do this for the first 3-4 days you'll be most comfortable. Oh...and last thing, a shower seat!! There was no way I could stand up in the shower even now standing still without my CG is exhausting! Good luck sweetie!!! Message me if you have any questions :-)
Wow I'm from your area!! We will have to keep in touch....hoping everything goes well and a speedy recovery.
Good luck to you!! Losing weight is not an easy task, however you did it!!! =)=) ***CONGRATS***
Good luck on your journey to the flat side!