38 Years Old, 2 Kids, 2 C-sections - Lafayette, LA

I have been overweight for the last 15 years. My...

I have been overweight for the last 15 years. My highest weight was 240 lbs. during my second pregnancy. Being only 5' 2", carrying most of my weight in my tummy, I have finally got down to 160 lbs and have scheduled my tummy tuck and breast lift with silicone implants. I am nervous but so ready for the next 6 weeks to pass so I can get it done. I have put a lot of time and work into losing the weight. But when I look in the mirror, all I see is the fat chick because of my tummy. I'm not looking to be perfect, I just want to see more progress than what I do now. I go for my pre-op on May 14th and I am anxious to find out what he will say about what he thinks my end result will be.

5 weeks before surgery/ 70 lbs lost

Pre-op

Well, I went for my pre-op yesterday and everything went great. It is now 3 weeks until my surgery and I am more than prepared. My bag is packed, meds are filled, I have my last minute shopping list made, and a very detailed list of instructions for my hubby, who is taking care of me, as well as, our 2 kids! I thought I would have been more nervous but I'm not nervous! I'm anxious! And so the countdown officially begins! Whoop whoop!

3 more days...

Finally entering the week of my surgery. I haven't been sleeping very good because I am so anxious for the day to get here. I am so grateful for all of the info that I find on this site. I can't wait to be able to share my personal experience with everyone to try and help others the way these amazing women have helped me. All of the little things that I would have never thought of such as a lanyard for my drains, renting a hospital bed because of the fact that I have a 2 year old, leg massage machine to prevent blood clots, where to buy extra compression garments. Please say some prayers for me to have a safe and speedy recovery!

11 days PO

Wow!!! I am so astounded at the way things have turned out. I was so scared going into this, I like to drove myself up the wall. And here I am 11 days post-op and I am pretty much back to my normal self. To say that I had any real pain, I didn't! It was more being uncomfortable and trying to figure out different ways to do things comfortably. I was up and walking around at 8am the morning after my surgery. I slept in my recliner for the first 3 nights then decided to try out my bed. I was so much more comfortable in my bed. By the end of week one, I was sleeping on my side, which is my normal sleep position. I took pain meds for the first 5 days, then started with Advil during the day and a muscle relaxer at night. I am swollen but I am drinking TONS of water and sticking to a high protein diet. I am sure the swelling will go down soon. I have an appt today to get my drain out. I could have gotten it out on Friday but it was borderline for being able to get taken out so I wanted to be safe than sorry. The weirdest thing about the whole experience for me is that sometimes, it feels like I have things crawling in my tummy. I am told that it is normal and part of the healing process. And with my breast lift and augmentation, I have had some itching from the surgical adhesive. Other than that, no complaints on my part. I am 100% satisfied that I made this decision. I can't wait to see the final results!

Post op pics

Still have a bunch of swelling but the difference is still amazing
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

He has been more than supportive with this journey through weight loss in order to make sure I get optimal results from my surgery.