35% Obagi Blue Peel done day one, Repeated Day 14, so far at day 28.

I had a blue peel in my 30s and remember how nice...

I had a blue peel in my 30s and remember how nice my skin looked afterward. Turning 50 seriously depressed. I was also coming out of being ill for a couple of years. My skin had a little sun damage under my left eye and I was beginning to notice wrinkles around my eyes and on my forehead. I also noticed a crepe like texture starting to appear on my forehead. For all these reasons I had another blue peel. The doctor left me very unimpressed. She dripped some of the mixture on my bottom lip, left an area under one of my eyes and on the left side of my chin totally untouched. She also dripped some liquid on my shoulder. And also, did a very sloppy job on my neck area. There are a lot of pics and some to show the next doc my neck area so he or she can fix any problems caused by this doc's sloppy work. I also took a lot of pics so anyone considering this procedure can see what one really looks like. I will say the first 48 hours were okay. It was the next few days that were really nasty and uncomfortable. First with swelling, which I expected but was nevertheless unhappy with. Then with the mottling and discomfort I experienced right before my skin really began to peel. Then with the skin peeling off and my face being so sticky. If you're considering this, please know you really can't go outside or wear makeup or use sunscreen until it's all peeled off. About 10 days. But with all that, I would do it again in a minute because the results are just that good.

Hey Dorothy thank you for sharing all of the details and pictures.  This is crazy how the peeling lasts for 10 days.  That would be extremely hard to hide out for that time frame.

Definitely keep us up to date on how the final results work out.

Ten days post peel

There is some small flaking still going on plus a little redness in places but the texture of my skin is much better. I'm still unhappy about the missed areas and the ones where less was applied but overall am happy with what was done. I am looking for a wider than wide brimmed hat and have invested in some good sun block as well as sun blocking eye shades. Will also continue to do my skin care routine when the doc says its okay. (It's so important to keep the sun at bay). I will repeat procedure when I can (take off work for a good 7 days at least) I hope this helps someone.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

HELP! Hyperpigmentation!!! 30 Days After Initial Peel; 14 Days After Touch-Up

Right after the above pics; at 14 days, I went back to PS who did some 'touching-up' as she called it. 35% TCA again, just not Blue. I have HP on my chin making me look like Chucky, there is now red under both eyes but one do I now have wrinkles where I had none, and my forehead has what looks like pitting in it. I saw her today and was unhappy. Not the best visit for either of us. I am treating this with Obagi Clear and Epionce Intensive Nourishing Lotion.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

8 Weeks Post; One Month After "Touch-Up"

The redness has faded greatly on my chin area and the wrinkling under that one eye is better. I used clear and epionce for abo two weeks but my skin only looked worse; very red and the texture was so rough i stopped everything except Obagi cleanser twice a day until I could figure out what to do. A Doc on this site said my skin was burned (very red), that you can't peel skin with 35% tca and then do it again 2 weeks later because there isn't a top layer of skin to remove, so the peel just went deeper into my skin. I expressed my concern to my doc and she said she always does what the patient wants. (so I guess by that logic if i asked her to put breast implants in my butt she'd agree to that; uh huh!) . The doc on this web site said I should be treating my skin as burned and not hyper pigmented, which my doc said. So for the last week i have used Mederma and auqaphor and i am seeing see major results. Whew, I was worried.

Wow! You look like you are still in your 30's!:-)
I don't understand why the complain it takes a long time to get better. It is better than having a plastic surgery. Remember ladies this is burning your skin and you need to be patient. There is nothing today better than Obagi products.
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Her secretarial and receptionist staff didn't have a clue. They thought I was checking out when I was actually checking in. They would have let me leave without paying had I not said something. They failed to give me the correct price for seeing the doctor and tried to act like they were doing me a favor by saying that I got to see the aesthetician without charge. The aesthetician was wonderful, I really liked her and found her to be very helpful.