Ladies, DO Botox and DO IT NOW!!!

Had Botox injected for the 1st time 2 days ago...

Had Botox injected for the 1st time 2 days ago (I'm 29 and wanted to get started early; had Juvederm in lips about 2 months ago and love it!) I had begun to have lines going across my forehead when my face was at rest and these lines had become a little bit stagnant and constantly there...my makeup was settling into these forehead lines throughout the day. This caused major panic on my behalf! So, went in for Botox injections...pain of injections on a scale of 1 to 10 was about 1.5 (keep in mind my skin was hyper-sensitive b/c I had a TCA chemical peel of medium depth done almost a week ago), with some areas more sensitive/ tender than others.

Very quick procedure...10 minutes tops! No anesthetic or numbing medicine required, but the needle is so small, you don't need it and there is nothing to be afraid of! I am not a needle person and now have learned to love the needle (HA HA!). Needles, for the longest time, where what prevented me from getting cosmetic enhancements/fillers, because I was frightened of the pain involved, but ladies...the needles used in these procedures are SO small and hardly inflict any pain at all. Had injections (around 6-8 across forehead line area, around 2 in middle of eyebrow furrows, although I'm not that bad in that area, and 2 each on each corner of my eyes for an INSTANT eye lift and ridding of crow's feet).

Ladies, I can honestly tell you, this is best thing you could ever do for your appearance! Wish I had done WAY sooner! I'm hooked now though! I also feel less tension in my forehead and in behind my eyes which I believe is going to help out my migraine problems (an added benefit!).

Ladies, DO IT AND DO IT NOW! It literally took 5 years off of my appearance...my forehead just in 2 days already looks way smoother in appearance. I can't wait to see it in about a week's time, which is when you'll really begin to see optimal results. Remember, be patient...you're not gonna see the results like a filler, the instant you leave the Dr's office...give it 3-10 days and then you'll see the look you were going for! No downtime either...return to work immediately...might have a mild headache, which is very common. God Bless Botulism!

I'd like to get some soon although i don't feel like I need it. Nicole Kidman doesn't function well without a script.
Had my next round of Botox Thursday...today is Sat. and I look better already. I can tell the difference but others just comment things like, "You look really good...what have you been doing?" Probably will have fully kicked in by Monday...my tension in my forehead feels like it just instantly goes away after the injections, which is where I carry all my tension in behind my eyes which triggers my migraines...thank goodness for this stuff. I don't go for the completely frozen Nicole Kidman forehead but I do like it to do its job...my PS is an artist!
Again, to follow up Blond Barbie, if you are very expressive and animated when speaking, these forehead expression lines are inevitable, regardless of age...you will get them, I promise! I have a couple of girls that run and train with me that are between 23 to 25 that have very deep expression lines in their forehead (and guess what, they want Botox!). These lines are not neccesarily a matter of your age or how old you are or even the preventative skin care measures and maintenance you have undertaken. These forehead lines are more a matter of the underlying muscle makeup of your forehead...everybodyis different. Ask a cosmetic surgeon sometime. Some ladies are blessed to have stronger muscles in their forehead that prevent these lines from appearing so dramatically...age is not necessarily the determining factor..unfortunately, genetics and anatomical makeup play a huge factor in these expression lines. If you are one of these gals that is blessed to have this type of forehead, then you truly must be the envy of a lot of your friends! LOL!Personally, again...I do not feel these lines are flattering and make a young woman appear much older than she is. So, yes...at 29, these lines can definitely appear and almost overnight! Accordian heads are not becoming and are rough to look at...sorry! And the migraine treatment benefits for myself from Botox, have been remarkable...again, it's all a matter of personal choice...accordian head or smooth head...you decide! LOL!
I agree! I am 25 & have wrinkles in my forehead, crows feet, & under eyes. They are not deep yet, but getting botox PREVENTS them from gettng that bad. I am another one who shows alot of expression when I talk. Im schd for botox in 1 week, but being on here has made me more nervous bcuz of the horror stories & pics. I should have never got on this!! lol. I guess we'll see.
Of course no one wants to look older than they are! 29 isn't very old so I don't see why one would show age then.
Original poster here...face looks young, but forehead did have some wrinkles in it. The longer you let them sit, the deeper they will marr themselves into your skin and you will have much more difficulty eliminating them later on in life. Wanted my forehead to match the rest of my face. Why would I want to look younger then 29? That's a stupid question...why wouldn't anyone want to look younger than they are? I've never heard someone say, "I'd rather look older than I am." Not a smoker or a heavy drinker...have used Obagi skin care line(which includes a sunscreen as one of its crucial steps)for years now and take very good care of my skin. Forehead expression lines are inevitable if you are very expressive and animated when talking, which unforunately, I am! I don't care what your age is, whether 29 or 49, these lines are NOT flattering...I don't regret my decision at ALL to get Botox and am due in about (3) weeks for another round! LOL! It's all a matter of personal choice, but I personally do not think a forehead that looks like an accordian is flattering and it makes you look older than you are. If you don't have to look like this, why should you if you have the money and means necessary to eradicate it? Not to mention, I have also enjoyed the benefit of no migraines in the past (3) months...an extra incentive to continue the Botox!
I agree 100% I have not had a headache since Botox treatments!! I read somewhere that this has been proven something about emotions are linked to our brain. So not being able to frown actually relieves stress!!!! I LOVE BOTOX!!!!
I am 34 and my wrinkles felt like they appeared overnight.
I do tan but I use sunblock and self tanner on my face. Smoking really seems to make the wrinkles come on faster. I work with a lady who is 35 and she looks 45. I think smoking has allot to do with it. SHe could really use some botox.
Botox is awesome!! Some people are so hard on the eyes!
Budding Economist. If you dont need or want Botox why are you on this site?
I will want it some day.
Botox is a true enhancer, nobody wants to see a crinkled forehead. People feel tense looking at someone who's forehead is in a constant state of contraction!! Botox rocks!!
To add to the above comment, I wear sunscreen, and drink minimal amounts of caffeine & alcohol, but I also work in front of a computer, which causes strain...So unless you have an easy going life where you have no affects that cause strain or frowning then kudos to you, but real people do have stressful lives, and this is why we look at this site, to get other peoples input that are in our shoes...Truth is, we will get injectables if we set our minds to it, so someone preaching the granola lifestyle really has no business commenting on what millions do, to make ourselves feel/look better.
Budding Economist. This is not the site to be preaching about avoiding caffiene,avoiding sun,not to inject "poison" into our muscles, etc. We know this we all wear "big girl" panties. What do you gain by telling other women you look younger because "you" did everything "right"? Real working women deal with stress and sometimes need caffiene or forget to apply suncreen everyday. So if getting an injection of "poison" makes us look and feel better who are you to judge? And honestly who says "Folks" are you 60 or 40?
I don't see why anyone would need to look younger at 29. Hell I'm 31 and get mistaken for being in my mid twenties. I'll do the botox in a few years but I don't need it yet despite all the sun, caffeine and alcohol consumption. LMAO!
Wait, I don't understand...why, at age 29, would you WANT to look 5 years younger? That is a bit strange...
Folks, if you'd wear sunscreen and avoid excessive alcohol and caffeine, you'd not need to inject poison into your muscles. I'm 40 and am constantly mistaken for 28 to 30. Also, I live in FL - the sunshine state. Zero wrinkles and sagging.
I completely agree...Takes years off!! I am 34 and now get mistaken for 20 something...I am also hooked and glad I did'nt wait till my wrinkles were deep and harder to get rid of, I love it!!
I agree it takes years off. I am on my 3rd treatment, I am 35 years old and if I constantly get comments from people that I look in my late 20s. I also had Juvederm in lips and love it. I cant wait till Evolence Breeze becomes approved its said to last 12 months in lips.
Botox has fully taken effect now and my forehead looks unbelieveable! Literally took 5 years off...not to mention, lifted my eyes up and opened them up way more!