Finally Decided It's Worth It - Laconia, NH

I have had invisalign for 6 months now - 13/15...

I have had invisalign for 6 months now - 13/15 trays- for crowding and overjet - my top teeth overlap. My teeth have always bothered me and I finally decided to change it at 37 years old.

At first, the attachments really bothered me and I was very aware of the trays in my mouth, so much that I started to regret getting them. But after a month or so, I didn't really feel them anymore. I did have problems with the attachments falling off and would have to have them replaced but once I got used to taking them out, I have not had any more problems with this and I dont really think about it anymore.

I have only had very mild discomfort from them, mainly when starting a new tray but only for a few hours. The main problem is having to take them out when eating - it's a pain but I got used to that too - I just dont snack anymore. No one has noticed them - not my family or co-workers so they really are invisable. I was so happy to be done with them in a few months but have been told I will probably need refinement trays:( This wouldn't be a big deal except that most people have about 10 more trays which is surprising.

It's my decision and I'm not sure I can deal with 10 more trays but we'll see. I did some before and after pictures so far and I was amazed at the change. It seems that they are not working but the changes are gradual and suddenly they look much better. Overall, I am happy with the results and it has been worth the hassle and money.

Littleton Cosmetic Dentist

They are wonderful to deal with - answer all my questions - I have not had any problems.

Hello. Great to hear your story. I"m 44 with an overbite, my front tooth crosses over the other front tooth, and I have an eye tooth :( I'm trying to see if there are any patients who have invisalign that also have TMJ. Was your pain bad - fixable with Motrin???
@doiron5:  This community members has not answered her comments in a long time.  But there are others with TMJ Disorder.  I certainly have it, though it got better for a while.  It's back again now, though I tend not to have a lot of pain, more tiredness and near-daily headaches/migraines.  Are you considering doing Invisalign?
yes, I am but hesitant because I have read stories about the pain patients go thru from the brackets they wear. I got thru daily pops of the jaw, cracking, and subtle pain but I am so used it since its been happening for as long as I remember. I wear a night mouth guard to help eliminate the daily headaches but my teeth are very numb/sensitive in the am from just the night guard. It goes away with an hour of the guard coming off. I cant imagine what they wood go thru with Invisalign ;(
Hey, you have the same think I have! You have made me very happy! I am so glad that it is working for you. I was worried it would not work for me.

Thanks for sharing your story so far. It's a great idea to take pictures throughout the process so you can see the changes. Hopefully you can stick with it for the final 10 trays. Good luck! Please keep us updated.