22 Years Old, Half Way Through my Treatment! - La Prairie, QC

So. I finally decided to share my experience with...

So. I finally decided to share my experience with the Invisalign treatment. I mostly have positive things to say about it. But, let's start with a quick story as to why I chose to begin this journey.

Like many people here, my mom didn't have the money to fix my teeth when I was growing up. I always hated them and been uncomfortable to smile. Now a young adult with a stable financial situation, I decided to treat myself and get the smile I always wanted. The orthodontist I chose (which had already done a wonderful job for my boyfriend) said I had better chance to avoid jaw surgery (because of my slight underbite) with Invisalign. And that's how it all started.

The cons so far:
- The first month was hell. My mouth was irritated, everything hurt and my speech was affected.
- I had to get used to eating only when needed and to decline drinks outside of meals.

The pros so far:
- My teeth are so much better!!! (which is worth more than infinite cons)

Really, I think Invisalign is totally worth it. Maybe it's because I'm not difficult or just because I was a great candidate for this type of treatment, but I do recommend it.

I'm now on tray 23 of 43. I did not take pictures until now because I did not feel the need to remember how bad my teeth were. If I want to see the progress (which is quite obvious), I have the trays and the original pictures that the orthodontist took. I will, however, upload some pictures later for you all to see. Maybe it will give you the confidence to take a leap and do the treatment.

Since my teeth are damaged because of my old bite, I plan to fix them after the treatment is completed. I want to whiten them a bit and probably put veneers on the top six ones. I am willing to pay what it takes to finally be 100% confident when I smile.

Pictures like I promised!

So, here you go. Pictures from tray 23 (I took them yesterday) compared to those before treatment. Let me know what you think. Just a reminder, I have 43 trays in total so I'm half way there.
Dr. Daniel Godin

When you complete your treatment you can just have your front incisors trimmed evenly and search for white spot treatment. What ever you do DO NOT get veneers. You would throw your investment down the toilet. Think about it, they shave 5mm of enamel off and then you have to wait minimum 2 weeks for the porcelain veneers to made. There are a lot of veneer horror stories. Good luck, teeth are on the right path =)
Yay, I started to look it up. I will talk to my dentist about it. I heard that composite bonding can also be used to correct damaged teeth.
Wowowow!!!  That is spectacular!  But, another 20 trays?  I don't see it.  The top looks perfect and the bottom looks like it just needs a few trays refinement.  But I'm not a doctor, LOL!  What will the next 20 trays be working on?
For the bottom: there are still spaces between my teeth, they are not aligned yet and my two canine teeth still need to rotate a lot. For the top: everything is good except my right canine that needs a little more pushing to the front. But so much better already! I can't wait to be done :)
Maybe you won't need all 20 of those trays.  But we'll see :D.  Exciting!
Hello, and welcome to our Invisalign community!!!  So excited that you found us before you're done, LOL!  I didn't start my review until I was almost in refinement, and boy was I bummed that I'd not thought to take any pictures (though I did end up getting those from my doctor, like you said.)

We have three other Invisaligners right now who are working on an underbite.  They are Kitten88hk_says, and 28attachments.  28attachments is doing Invisalign preparatory to jaw surgery, but the other two are working to fix their bite with Invisalign, if I'm not mistaken.  The links take you to their reviews, if you're interested in meeting them.  I think they'd be interested in meeting you!
Thanks. I'll look them up. In the meantime, you can take a look at the pictures I just posted if you'd like!
I will! :D