Removal of Large Lipoma - Life Changing! - La Mesa, CA

I'm sorry this is such a long review, but I really...

I'm sorry this is such a long review, but I really want people to understand my experience and how grateful I am to have met Dr. Pousti. :)
I had a lipoma slowly growing on my left side for over 10 years. The last 3 years had been very difficult. It was making comfortable sleep almost impossible and I would have soreness and back pain when trying to stand or walk for long periods of time. Since I didn't have insurance I thought it was pretty useless to consider removal until I was referred by a friend to contact Dr. Pousti. The thought of stepping into a Plastic Surgeon's office was not top on my list, but immediately after entering I felt better about the decision. I was greeted with warm smiles and very helpful (and beautiful) young ladies. Then I met Dr. Pousti. To say that he is a nice man is probably the understatement of the century. You are not just another patient to him, you are an individual and he really seems to care about you on a personal level. Dr. Pousti and his team worked very hard to make this surgery something that I could afford to have done. I was shocked that someone who was obviously a wonderful surgeon and didn't seem to be lacking patients would go through so much to help me. Surgery day has come and gone...I'm still recovering, but feeling better by the minute! On the day of surgery I was nervous, very nervous. The receptionist, nurses, anesthesiologist and of course Dr. Pousti made me feel safe and cared for. Recovery has had its ups and downs, but nothing too bad. My surgery took place on a Thursday and I was back to work on Tuesday. Moving slowly, but able to make it through the day. After the first week I had the drain removed that they had put in place during the surgery so that excess fluids wouldn't try to take the place of my now non-existent lipoma. Dr. Pousti informed me that the lipoma measured over 5 1/2 inches...yep you heard that right! I am now half way through week 2 and I have some bandages in place with an ace bandage keeping pressure on my side. I was told this will help prevent fluids from still trying to sneak in. There is occasional soreness and I am trying to take it easy, but I feel better day by day.
This has been a life changing experience. I have yet to come up with the words to properly thank Dr. Pousti and his staff for what they have done for me!

Don't worry, we love long reviews. ;) Thanks for sharing your story and congrats on your happy results!

1 Month Post Op

I had my surgery 1 month ago. I can't believe how amazing I feel! It looks even better than I could have ever imagined. The scar is healing beautifully and I feel so relieved to have have the lipoma gone forever!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon