Tummy Tuck and Gallbladder Removal

I am having a tummy tuck, lipo on the flanks and...

I am having a tummy tuck, lipo on the flanks and gallbladder removal on July 28th. I am kind of concern because I am paying a PS to remove or improve the look of my c-section scar and remove some of my stretch marks; now I'm going to have new scars from the gallbladder removal. :( Has anyone had this type of procedure before? Should I worry? Are the scars from the gallbladder removal bad? Can the general surgeon just remove the gallbladder while my abdomen skin is already open? I asked this questions to the PS's manager and she said that i will have 6 marks on my skin. Im frustrated. Any opinion will be extremely welcome. I will post before pictures soon and after pictures after the 28th.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

The doctor called me and explained the procedure....

The doctor called me and explained the procedure. I feel so much better now. This doctor has a great way of making me feel comfortable every time he explain things. Can't wait until the 28th.... I have only given this doctor three stars so far because I haven't seen the final results yet. I'll update more after.

Here is what some of our doctors have to say about gallbladder removal concurrent with a tummy tuck. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Thank you! I'm feeling more confident with time. I feel better now that the doctor explained things in details. :)
Hi, I had my gallbladder removed last summer and had a breast reduction and tummy tuck 12 days ago. The scars from the gall bladder are not too bad but they are visible. However, after having my tummy tuck the only one I see is the small one on top. It's not bad at all. Since you are having your gallbladder removed at the same time as the tummy tuck I'm sure you'll be really happy with the results. Be sure to read others post on here to gain tips and advice on how to make your recovery smoother. Good Luck!! :)

Well.... I got my tummy on July 28th at Mary...

Well.... I got my tummy on July 28th at Mary Birch, beautiful hospital and great staff. The Dr. met with me and did the markings. He told me that the general surgeon was going to remove the gallbladder after doing the lipo. Everything went great! Two days later I went home. The first day I felt like I got hit by a truck. It felt similar to my first c-section. Today I got to see what the doctor did and I am so excited. It completely exceeded my expectations. Beautiful belly bottom and barely any stretch marks. I can't wait to see the final results. I can't stop looking at my belly. This doctor is an artist. I will post this week.

Hi,

I'm thinking about having the same procedures done. I have already met with my general surgeon regarding the gallbladder and I have an appointment with the PS on Thursday to discuss what I want done and if it is possible. So I was wondering how your recovery was now that's it's been a few months and if you are happy that you had it all done at the same time.

So glad to hear you love your results! Hope you can post some pics if you feel comfortable, I'd love to see the new you! Congrats! Hope you heal well and feel better soon!
4th Day The pain can be aweful, but tolerable. I talked to dr. L and I guess my discomfort is coming from one of the drains. This is apparently normal. I just want to cry every time I feel the burning pain coming from the drain. The belly looks great! Can't stop looking at it.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon