Don't Let a Board Certification, "Expert" or "World Renowned" Status Fool You - La Jolla, CA

I did this for subtle acne scars and even more...

I did this for subtle acne scars and even more subtle pigmentation. I now live with problems one thousand times worse than what I had before the laser and sadly, thin skin and scars are permanent. This laser has aged me ten yrs. I was perfectly healthy and now have been diagnosed with 3 physical and skin health issues that I'm told were "triggered by the stress and burns I endured from the laser"...

The only pro was the illusion that it had worked.

More cons than I can list; thin skin, drooped facial muslces, lax skin, hyper and hypopigmentation, raccoon eyes discolorations, fat loss (volume deflation), worse scars than what I initially had, hypersensitivity to sun, makeup, and many skincare products.

This laser is marketed as the panacea for all your skin woes and several doctors have acknowledged my damage is directly from the laser. It created more problems than it was worth and though issues were apparent early on, permanent damage (or knowledge that I was not "getting better") was not apparent until 1 year plus out from the procedure. The decision to go through with it, fundamentally changed me physically, emotionally, financially. It disrupted a perfectly wonderful life and self image. Life changed on a dime.

There are safer ways to fix what you dont like about yourself. The trick is to find a doctor that respects you and himself enough to be honest about those less lucrative options (for him/her), that may take longer but will save you from what so many people have endured attempting to recover from this laser.

Ignoring a pt. after you've taken their money, burned and scarred their face....just not acceptable. Cowardice and evasion of responsibility. Using the public as guinea pigs for a laser he claims to be an expert in, but then doesn't know how to fix/deal with complications?