Fraxel Caused Me Melasma - La Jolla, CA

I got fraxel plus the alexandrite laser done 6...

i got fraxel plus the alexandrite laser done 6 years ago for minor scarring and it gave me melasma that has never gone away. when i went in to tell the doctor about it he tried to say i had it before i started the fraxel treatment which is b.s. i never had melasma. my skin is ruined and i have so much sadness and anger around this still. everytime i look in the mirror i am reminded of the skin i used to have (which was beautiful except for a few minor scars) and the skin i have now which is blotchy and hyperpigmented:(

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

I was there in 2009 and still have tan-like lines over the cheeks. I too had beautiful skin my entire life. I had the very same as you did. I think about it every day and have tried everything but nothing works.
I had several laser treatments due to severe acne scarring. My last laser did it for me to develop melesma. After my laser, I remained physically active. But one of my supposedly indoor boxing was instead included afternoon 10 to 15 minutes running or other activities. I don't really expose myself under the sun until about 4 months. By the way, after a week of laser I noticed that my skin is bronzed that usual. After six months I noticed the brown patches on my face. He most embarrassing one is on my upper lip. I just went to cosmelan treatment. It lightened my skin but I still have the "mustache". I am aggravated.

I am sorry this happened to you:(

Thank you for sharing your open and honest review with others.