Chin Augmentation

My weak chin has bothered me my entire life and I...

My weak chin has bothered me my entire life and I just assumed there was nothing I could do about it. But not only is there something that can be done, the new implant styles are a great improvment over prior methods, so I'm so glad I waited. It's really pretty extraordinary how changing your chin can change so much about your appearance. For years, I thought I had a large nose when in fact I really just had a weak chin.

Before the surgery, I went on several consultations armed with a list of questions and chose the doctor who spent an hour explaining the procedure to me and put me in touch with a patient he'd just performed the same procedure on. And his work is amazing -- I can't believe the difference. It was only one week ago, and I'm back at work, slightly swollen but feeling quite good. What I didn't anticipate is how the "wings" of the implant would greatly reduce the jowls I was developing -- I look 10 years younger and that wasn't even the goal of the surgery!

You need to do your research and go with a doctor who has experience in this particular procedure, which is true of any plastic surgery procedure. I also recommend the inicision under the chin -- you can't see it, and there's much less risk of nerve damage and infection.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

A very kind doctor who patiently explained the procedure,answered all my questions, put me touch with a patient who'd just had the same procedure and called me the night after the surgery to check in on me.

Be the first to comment on this video...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join RealSelf or log in