Rhinoplasty - La Jolla, CA

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

i cant find the post you put about anti cosmetic surgery,to be honest even though im some what not happy with my nose job it did change my life for the better because even though its not great its a damn site better my nose was seriously broken the first time just the revision was not what i expected.i cant comment on yours because all your post and pics have disappeared.
Honey, I'm having technical problems w/ inbox I can read private messages on here but I'm not able to reply right now. I'd like to keep in touch with you,so if u want send me please your email (by private message of course :P) so we can chat elsewhere ...
BDD is a difficult situation. you look very nice both before and after. unfortunately it's hard for the BDD suferrer to realize that these thoughts might be a false perception. Besides it's that feeling they say that when you lose something and you've got something less better then you start appreciate what you didn't before. Whether that is true cosmetic surgeries are always painful for someone with BDD or someone with depression. Don't give up, it needs courage to fight yourself..and for the last time you look just fine. the only thing that i could advise you is too avoid taking photos of you or looking at photos cause that will make you scrutinize everything over and over again.
Thank you for the support! You're right, you appreciate what you had more when you don't have it anymore. I don't like the operated look too, and my nose has that, especially around my ala. Plus, there is the side effects from the Prednisone I was given and the breathing difficulties. Gah! I just wish I had done more research. A lot of people that get plastic surgery regret it later. Almost everybody I've talked to. Not immediately, but it's common down the road. More and more people want to be natural now. That's the best look usually and I miss it severely. I'm trying though! I just hope more people think seriously before moving forward with this procedure. Diet and exercise only for physical improvements and education and therapy for mental improvements. I lived and learned from this. There are so many emotional ramifications on top of the physical ones. I also hate how there are plastic surgery ads on almost every website now. I was so stupid. Gahhh :(
Lol, believe meeee. I have stopped taking photos.
Everyone is beautiful, but people with BDD are the easiest victims of TV, magazines..cameras with 1080 pixels are just the disease of this century because they shows us imperfections that are not even visible by naked eye. besides we've been fired off by media every day about the perfect look..just think for a second why they keep advertising chocolates brands when they know there are not good for health, they just want to brainwash everyone and they succeed, it's the same with plastic and beauty.. they show us an ideal beauty and shows that this what you have to have to succeed. well the truth is that there is an ideal beauty and beauty is something which people admire but there are people who doesn't have that kind of beauty but they do have the hope, the dreams, the heart and the chance to live happy. Don't feel stupid, i can really understand how you're feeling. when did you have the surgery?
Please go read my reviews,almost same story here... Would like to get in touch with you!
You're totally right. Almost the same story. I posted on your review, but I definitely think it was wrong that our parents allowed us (mine even encouraged) to have plastic surgery at 16. It introduced us to plastic surgeon offices prematurely instead of teaching self acceptance and confidence. Mine also took me to get permanent eyeliner tattooed. What is wrong with our parents? Your surgeon shouldn't have operated on you if you were already diagnosed with mental illness. It's a contraindication to surgical procedures.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

okay i just saw your afters. from what i can see you look much better than before. your bridge is WIDE! which is awesome. mine is like a CROOKED skinny LINE! :(
Aw, thanks! Good luck! Gawd, plastic surgery is awful. It's so much easier to just accept what God gave you.
can you post after photos? all i see are before. im having a revision this summer. i have dent on one side and too narrow bridge which i didnt want pre-op. my tip is also raised only ONE milimiters, which is just ridiculous. and its bulbous.
You remind me a little of Nelly Furtado. :) You are still beautiful, even if you don't see it. What was done was done and you should never look back, because there is no point in that - nothing good can come from it and you can't turn back time. The bitterness and regrets can take you nowhere. I think it is time to focus on other aspects of your life now, seek comfort in friends and family,be good at your job, find a therapist to help you let go of the past and look forward to the future. Get yourself in a good place mentally and then seek another surgeon (look at the revisions of big names like Gunter, Davis and others) and only have another surgery when you are 100%sure of the outcome and trust your surgeon.Also, I have been a mouth breather all my life, since I have had a deviated septum, you are not alone..it is annoying but it is not impossible to live with. it can be fixed and it will, when you are ready. Meanwhile, you look absolutely normal to me, no one would walk past you on the street and say "wow, did you see that girl's nose job", like you would in some really bad cases.. sorry for the long comment. hope you feel better soon! :)
I am so so sorry my dear. My heart goes out to you. I know you will find peace from this. It may take time but you will get there to where you forgive yourself and move on. You will come out on top. Don't forget that you are still a stunningly beautiful girl.
I'm sorry but I Honeslty think it's better afterwards ...ur last before pic that u posted doesn't really show much. When I pose like that it makes my nose look straighter
Well, it is a profile pic. The straightness hasn't changed. I was merely showing that my profile was straight and that I perceived that there was a defect with my nose, when in fact non existed, a symptom of BDD. The profile is still straight now, merely lowered, even though I had liked my projection and with breathing difficulties due to the collapsed middle vault. The health risks could have been prevented had the doctor referred me for BDD.
why don't you just get injections to make ur nose look bigger again.. I feel as thought you're being way too hard on yourself for nothing. learn to accept what you did. As much as you say that you have BDD, you signed documents and you were fully aware of your decision. Thus, the doctor can't be held responsible for what you consented him to do. And, to think that none of those in your life told you that you never needed one just means that you were probably really persistent and water a rhinplasty to begin with. Sorry if i sound harsh, but a surgeon's job isn't to make sure you have BDD. It's to do what you ask them to do and you asked for a rhino, so move on!
wanted**
btw this doesn't change the fact that you are beautiful before and after! you really just need to be more positive and then you can further move on! best of luck xx
Thank you for your review. I am absolutely struggling to accept what has been done. I am trying though. Injections aren't going to repair my breathing problems. It could make it worse. You're wrong though. Surgeons should be screening for mental illness prior to performing surgeries. Patients with BDD think that they have faults that need plastic surgery and once it's done, they regret it deeply. BDD is a real mental illness. I'm not the only one that found out too late that they were affected. I am responsible for what's happened to me ultimately and I am the one that suffers the consequences, while the doctor was paid eight thousand dollars. If that's the case and surgeons aren't accountable for performing surgeries on patients that shouldn't be getting them, then they are merely puppets that care not for the HEALTH of the public and are present only for aesthetics. It's easy to tell someone to be more positive and to move on, but it's another matter altogether to be in their position. I am choosing to voice my opinion and share my story about BDD because it's really affected my life and this doctor had an opportunity to recognize the condition and to even help me through it after I came to his office upset. If nothing else, it was extremely obvious after the surgery was performed that I was affected, yet I was sent away and the staff was very cruel. Furthermore, I do not like the way my nose looks. It really does look like a horses nose. Straight up and down with no supratip. It's my health that is my main concern at this point. It's not that I'm being negative to be negative, this affected my life and you don't know about my family or my friends, or how persistent I was toward the procedure. The doctor's staff was extremely accommodating in scheduling, discounts, and payment up until the surgery was performed.
I'm so sorry what ur going thru :/ I'm going thru same thing. Which doctor did u see in newport so I can also go to. You can private meassge if u want. Good luck!
Dear girl. You are beautiful and don't waste your money on any revision. I don't know if you are BDD, OCD or both, but please stop tormenting yourself. If I were you, I would not have done the procedure in the first place, but to be honest, you are better off now. You did have a somewhat split tip and a small hump, and it looks like now you have a perfect nose for your face and you are even more beautiful than before. Just go on with your life.
Lol, I liked my bifurcated tip. They're rare and it was like my parents.
Her nose is collapsed thou...how can someone move on with their live with breatheing problems, othetwise the looks of her nose is not bad. You just look so streessed in ur post up pics. Please stay strong!!
I like the bifurcated tip too... I think it can actually make some noses more attractive :)