The Abs I Knew I Always Had - La Jolla, CA

I wanted lipo be use even at my lower weight of...

I wanted lipo be use even at my lower weight of 135 I was tiny but my abs weren't as tight as they should be due to childhood over eating and my McDonalds obsession. Once I turned 18 I took up yoga in college at the age of 22 I became a regular/staple at the gym. At 25 I finished my first marathon and at he age of 28 I've now run over 15 marathons. But the fat on the abs still remained.

I became interested in lipo as I got older and despite all my efforts running and training at the gym and even adopting the vegan lifestyle over 2 years ago I still couldn't rid myself of the abdominal fat.

After months of reading, researching and reviewing liposuction pros and cons I decided to schedule my appointment last week for the next first available appointment which was this past Monday. Now on Day 3 post-op I'm feeling good.

Surgery day- not nervous... Very excited and anxious.total time in office from check-in to out was 2.5 hours. The sensation was a pulling sensation. Only the numbing part was the weirdest and hard to get through. Breathing long and hard helped a lot. Draining was tough.. A few towels were sacrificed.

Day 2 post op- started massaging. Sore like I was punched in the stomach and have a left over lingering feeling in my stomach as a result. Not in pain, just bothersome. First shower the antibacterial soap stung a little. I notice change a lot. I didn't take any pics because the pads caused an indent on my skin that looked weird. But it's better now. I walked to over an hour and stood up most o the day. Slept on my stomach all night used a pillow on my belly andI didn't have any back pain.

Day 3- I walked around a lot today. For 2 hrs with my dog in the morning. And then at the Byron the treadmill for 75 minutes. I'm doing good. Stomach is sore similar to too many crunches. But I'm better. I like the compression garment because I see my changing shape. I started icing more n massaging more too . Drainage is pretty much one I'm using the small liners now.

5 days post Op... Been walking around a lot...

5 days post Op... Been walking around a lot atleast 2-3 hrs/day. Although definitely not approved I completed a 5k this morning. Finished in 30 minutes. It was a little getting used to but I finished well. Now I see some swelling but not a lot. Nothing that I haven't already been dealing with. All in all it's getting easier. I'm still icing and massaging a lot.

1week post op- super swelling!! I feel plump. The...

1week post op- super swelling!! I feel plump. The swelling was as a result of yesterday I think too much activity on my body also the swelling medication has run out. My shape is still there but not as noticeable as the other days due to swelling. Icing almost all day today and lots of rest.
Rod Davis

I saw the countless reviews on Yelp and the before and after photos. I wanted a procedure that could be done with perfection at a great cost. This was the place. From scheduling the appointment to he day of surgery it was so easy. I was in and out so quick but there's was no sacrifice in care or concern by Rod Davis nor his staff!

U look AWESOME....congrats!!
Hey!! Just wondering, did you get your waist done too at all? Your stomach looks GREAT but your waist looks a little more narrow too?! :)
Thank you!!! Nope only the upper and lower abdomen. I'm wearing the compression gear 24/7 except to shower and wash it. But it really does help to contour everything and everyday I take pics to see where I should be focusing my massages a little more
wow crazy! How uncomfortable do you thing the compression thing is? Is it a full girdle? or just the wrap? and how much do the massages hurt?
The compression I actually like it. It's similar to the sexy lingerie just less sexy. Lol and it's a bathing suit style. Taking it off and on is easy and it's easy to adjust some days I can wear it tighter than others. The massages don't hurt persay it's just a weird feeling. It's still very numb. Kind of if u have ever gotten your tooth pulled at the dentist you know you should be feeling something but you don't. I guess I'm just really guarded over my belly. Touching it feels like I did a few good crunches type of 'pain'.
Also I can say that I've been icing and massaging the areas over ice more so than just my hands alone when I'm at home. It feels better
lol glad to hear its not too bad to wear all day! n I know exactly what you mean about the massages n glad those don't hurt either lol can't wait to hear how much they took out!!
Congrats and good luck on your journey. How many lbs did he take out?
Not sure on the lbs as I haven't had my follow-up yet. My 1 week Followup is this Monday. I weighed 160 on the day of the surgery will let you know what I've lost. I do work out regularly though so it may not be totally from the procedure
Looking good CLQ....Congrats on getting thru ur procedure...u look awesome...keep up the great work and Happy Healing...keep us posted...we are all in the same boat... :)
Thank you so much!! I definitely referenced this site a lot on everyone's reviews and insights before the procedure and even now. It certainly helps out a lot knowing others are going through the same experiences