The Abs I Knew I Always Had - La Jolla, CA

I wanted lipo be use even at my lower weight of...

I wanted lipo be use even at my lower weight of 135 I was tiny but my abs weren't as tight as they should be due to childhood over eating and my McDonalds obsession. Once I turned 18 I took up yoga in college at the age of 22 I became a regular/staple at the gym. At 25 I finished my first marathon and at he age of 28 I've now run over 15 marathons. But the fat on the abs still remained.

I became interested in lipo as I got older and despite all my efforts running and training at the gym and even adopting the vegan lifestyle over 2 years ago I still couldn't rid myself of the abdominal fat.

After months of reading, researching and reviewing liposuction pros and cons I decided to schedule my appointment last week for the next first available appointment which was this past Monday. Now on Day 3 post-op I'm feeling good.

Surgery day- not nervous... Very excited and anxious.total time in office from check-in to out was 2.5 hours. The sensation was a pulling sensation. Only the numbing part was the weirdest and hard to get through. Breathing long and hard helped a lot. Draining was tough.. A few towels were sacrificed.

Day 2 post op- started massaging. Sore like I was punched in the stomach and have a left over lingering feeling in my stomach as a result. Not in pain, just bothersome. First shower the antibacterial soap stung a little. I notice change a lot. I didn't take any pics because the pads caused an indent on my skin that looked weird. But it's better now. I walked to over an hour and stood up most o the day. Slept on my stomach all night used a pillow on my belly andI didn't have any back pain.

Day 3- I walked around a lot today. For 2 hrs with my dog in the morning. And then at the Byron the treadmill for 75 minutes. I'm doing good. Stomach is sore similar to too many crunches. But I'm better. I like the compression garment because I see my changing shape. I started icing more n massaging more too . Drainage is pretty much one I'm using the small liners now.

5 days post Op... Been walking around a lot...

5 days post Op... Been walking around a lot atleast 2-3 hrs/day. Although definitely not approved I completed a 5k this morning. Finished in 30 minutes. It was a little getting used to but I finished well. Now I see some swelling but not a lot. Nothing that I haven't already been dealing with. All in all it's getting easier. I'm still icing and massaging a lot.

1week post op- super swelling!! I feel plump. The...

1week post op- super swelling!! I feel plump. The swelling was as a result of yesterday I think too much activity on my body also the swelling medication has run out. My shape is still there but not as noticeable as the other days due to swelling. Icing almost all day today and lots of rest.

Checking in 2 years and 1 baby later

I'm not a perfectionist I do have a trouble spot on my tummy around my belly button I wish would go away. If I had extra cash I'd get it touched up but I don't so I'll live with it. So far very happy with the result and how fast I bounced back post baby
Rod Davis

I saw the countless reviews on Yelp and the before and after photos. I wanted a procedure that could be done with perfection at a great cost. This was the place. From scheduling the appointment to he day of surgery it was so easy. I was in and out so quick but there's was no sacrifice in care or concern by Rod Davis nor his staff!