Fat Loss, Skin Indentations, Orange Peel Texture from IPL - La Jolla, CA

I had one IPL treatment when I was 21 years old...

I had one IPL treatment when I was 21 years old and experienced the uneven texture, facial fat disappearing over the course of a year, orange peel skin texture, and more. I was told by the doctor that it was impossible for IPL to do this, but you can actually see the line where the laser went, and where the healthy skin that was not treated begins. This was so long ago, and it is heartbreaking that doctors continue to deny that this can happen. Unfortunately, at least in my experience, the fat does not come back and I haven't found anything to improve my skin texture. I am still young, so I will look into fat grafting when I get a bit older.
San Diego Dermatologist

I am 24 and had the same thing happen to me. You can see the scarring and I am trying to go through a lawsuit now. Would you mind contacting me so we can talk? It might be weird but it might be nice to have people to talk to about this torturing experience and possibly have a back up in court. Email me if you can ashley.mcgrail@yahoo.com. I'm in Laguna Niguel, so in reality we aren't that far from each other and if I were to win in court and you were a witness I would break some with you. I want to win because at least we will have justice. It is terrible that they are working with these lasers and not knowing how to use them.
That's a shame that "Dr Mauricio" would put a laser on your face at that young of an age and risk damaging your face. I hope karma has come back on her. Shame on her.
sorry to hear about your experience. I went through the same thing and know exactly how you feel. I also heard doctors say that IPL can't cause this, although some are starting to admit that it can. I'm guessing the ones that deny it just assume that there are hundreds (if not thousands) of people all over the world sharing stories of their "imaginary" skin damage and facial fat loss.. after these procedures
Thank you for sharing your open review with the community.