61 Year Old Breast Reduction

I had a breast reduction done on June 9 and an now...

I had a breast reduction done on June 9 and an now about 5 1/2 weeks post-op. I wasn't going to post but I decided that I should give some motivation to those who want to go small and to those who are afraid of post-op complications because everything went great for me. I had 36DDD, two different sized breasts and they were hanging low. They are now 36B, perky, and sitting right where they are supposed to be. See my doctor review for details about the office and the doctor. The surgery itself was easy, not much pain at all afterwards, and I had NO complications - no infection, no incisions opening, no spit stitches, etc. Dr. Brucker uses surgical taping for the incisions post-op (four weeks in my case) and I believe that really helps with comfort, incision healing, and peace of mind. I wore a stretchy sleep bra for 2 weeks and slept on my back for 4 weeks. Now I can wear a bralette or go braless and can sleep comfortably on my side. I look great in clothes and I am so soooooooooo happy with everything. No more underwire pain, no more shoulder and upper back pain. I wouldn't change even one thing about the whole process except that I would have done it 20 years ago.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

I did a ton of research over one year on the procedure, read everything on the web, read surgical texts, and read journal articles. I then researched the top boarded plastic surgeons in my area and chose the top five. I interviewed with each of them and ended up going with Dr. Michael Brucker because he is well spoken and professional but friendly, didn't rush me, answered every one of my 34 questions, had beautiful before and after pictures, and I liked his ideas for surgical method, post-op care, and his plan for me. His OR and offices were immaculate and not cluttered, staff is professional but funny and friendly. I always felt very comfortable there and never had to wait longer than 2 minutes for my appointment. You can reach staff by phone or email anytime you need something. I have already recommended this PS to my best friend and would recommend heartily to anyone. Compliments to nurse Jenn for her super bedside manner.