61 Year Old Breast Reduction

I had a breast reduction done on June 9 and an now...

I had a breast reduction done on June 9 and an now about 5 1/2 weeks post-op. I wasn't going to post but I decided that I should give some motivation to those who want to go small and to those who are afraid of post-op complications because everything went great for me. I had 36DDD, two different sized breasts and they were hanging low. They are now 36B, perky, and sitting right where they are supposed to be. See my doctor review for details about the office and the doctor. The surgery itself was easy, not much pain at all afterwards, and I had NO complications - no infection, no incisions opening, no spit stitches, etc. Dr. Brucker uses surgical taping for the incisions post-op (four weeks in my case) and I believe that really helps with comfort, incision healing, and peace of mind. I wore a stretchy sleep bra for 2 weeks and slept on my back for 4 weeks. Now I can wear a bralette or go braless and can sleep comfortably on my side. I look great in clothes and I am so soooooooooo happy with everything. No more underwire pain, no more shoulder and upper back pain. I wouldn't change even one thing about the whole process except that I would have done it 20 years ago.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

I did a ton of research over one year on the procedure, read everything on the web, read surgical texts, and read journal articles. I then researched the top boarded plastic surgeons in my area and chose the top five. I interviewed with each of them and ended up going with Dr. Michael Brucker because he is well spoken and professional but friendly, didn't rush me, answered every one of my 34 questions, had beautiful before and after pictures, and I liked his ideas for surgical method, post-op care, and his plan for me. His OR and offices were immaculate and not cluttered, staff is professional but funny and friendly. I always felt very comfortable there and never had to wait longer than 2 minutes for my appointment. You can reach staff by phone or email anytime you need something. I have already recommended this PS to my best friend and would recommend heartily to anyone. Compliments to nurse Jenn for her super bedside manner.

Thank you for posting, I am 53 and also want to go small, to about a B. Hope it can be done as well as yours was. Congratulation!
wow thay look fantastic! congratulations!
you look great! i had a similar mismatched shape prior to my surgery last fall. isn't it nice finally having the girls pointing in the same direction!
Yes! You looked very similar to me both before and after. Have you grown to like yours now or are you still considering revision? I think yours look great, especially considering how they started out.
Yes, I'm happy with how they turned out, tho' truth be told, I wish they were smaller! I did have a revision done in April, but just to take care of the dog ears that formed under the R breast. How are things healing with you?
You look amazing.  Thank you so much for sharing your journey with pictures.
Thanks for the details
Nice to hear you did great at 61 (I'm 59 and have yet to jump in the pool). Wish I were in CA so I could use your Dr. How long did you have drains and that?
No drains, no liposuction, no external sutures. Just internal sutures and incision taping. That seemed to be a very good method since I didn't have much swelling at all, no underarm boobs, and no complications. But I know that each situation and body is different; that just worked well for me.
You look lovely ... what a fabulous transformation!
I read your posts while I was doing my researching and also during my recovery and I appreciate that so much. You look fabulous yourself!
I too wish I had done it 20yrs ago but I guess we each go ahead when the moment is right for us. Better late than never ... we still have many years left to enjoy our new freedom!
I was so happy to see your post. I'm 63 and having surgery in two weeks. I'm hoping to be as lucky as you with regards to recovery. I'm at 38DD or 36DDD. I'd love to end up being a 36C. Thanks again for your encouragement.
Good luck with your surgery! I read your posts and I can relate to the wariness about anesthesia. However mine was easy and I never had nausea or anything. Make sure that you keep reminding your surgeon what size you want - I think more people end up bigger than they want but I wanted small
Hi Barb55, I hope that your surgery goes wonderfully. I took 2 weeks off from work (also a desk job) and that was plenty. Please keep posting so we can see how things went for you!
I went back and read your whole review I started out with uneven breast my hole life I hated them Finally more evened out for me
Your gray dot is hysterical! Love it...
LOL
Wow You look like my before and your after What size did you end up I go back for check up this friday
I am a 36B now, which may not be for everyone, but it is what I asked for and I love it! I feel sleek and athletic now and everyone keeps commenting on how much weight I've lost. We do have very similar before and afters!
Thank you so much, i am also on a mission to speak up for the majority of BR patients that have a straightforward recovery and are delighted with their results. people are more inclined to post if they are having problem and this can make them look more common than they are. you look wonderful, congratulations
Hi peediewife, I read all of your posts with interest while I was doing my research and also my recovery. I used your suggestion for the five pillows, and the pillows under the arms made sleeping on my back so much more comfortable, so thank you for that!
Thanks, it is always great to know something really helped. I got that tip from someone else so we must keep passing it on