So Far, So Good! - La Jolla, CA

I have been working with Dr B for about a month...

I have been working with Dr B for about a month and a half, he was highly recommended three times before I had met him. He was the only Dr I met with, but after hearing the recommendations from three different women (who are all in the field of breast reconstruction, oncology) and meeting him, I knew he was the one I was going with, I felt no need to meet any other plastic surgeons. I BRCA positive and in order to prevent breast cancer, I chose to have a Prophylactic Bilateral mastectomy followed by reconstruction. I am currently in the "reconstruction process" and so far, very pleased with Dr B. I look forward to seeing the finished project, (my new boobs). I would highly recommend Dr B to anyone.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Welcome to RealSelf! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Did you get implants or have expanders placed immediately after your mastectomy? Glad to hear you found a surgeon you like and trust for your procedures. That's great you were able to reduce your risk of breast cancer. How did you discover your potential risk? Wishing you the best on the rest of your reconstruction. Keep us posted!