Wonderful Dr! - La Jolla, CA

I am currently three weeks post-op and am already...

I am currently three weeks post-op and am already so happy with the results. I had one minor complication at two weeks post-op (not caused by any fault of his), and he and his team got me in immediately and took great care of me to make sure I was happy and comfortable. Everything is healing beautifully, and honestly, I look far better at this stage of the healing process than I ever expected, which is a testament to his quality work. He has been available to answer any and every question I've had pre and post op and has made me so comfortable through this entire process.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Chaffoo is amazing! Prior to my surgery, I "interviewed" multiple surgeons in the San Diego area, and he absolutely stood above the rest. One key thing that I notice about Dr. Chaffoo is that he is both a very knowledgeable surgeon (with fantastic credentials and experience) AND also has an excellent bedside manner, which can sometimes be a hard combination to find in doctors. He truly cares about his patients and the work that he performs. He works hard to create a natural outcome tailored to each patient. I have already recommended a friend to him and will continue to do so in the future. It's a huge decision to trust a surgeon with your body and health, and I am so thankful I selected Dr. Chaffoo, because I know I have been in amazingly skilled and caring hands!

Hope you have a fun time shopping for swimsuits, bras and new clothing once you heal. I found that the 3 month mark was safe to purchase higher quality, long term bras. My first 3 months I just wore sports bras and a few inexpensive bras while the dropping was still taking place. Be sure to get properly fitted for a bra by a professional!

glad your enjoying your results!

Congratulations! Glad to hear you are happy with your results...and your PS! What type and size implants did you get? Did you share your procedure with any of your friends and family? Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!

Hi, Beth, I went with 275cc silicone implants under the muscle. Dr. Chaffoo brought 250ccs, 275ccs, and 300ccs into the operating room. He and I had talked previously about what look I was going for, and I had tried on various sizes with his assistant in the pre-op appointment. In the operating room, the dr. tests what the various sizes look like in your actual body (since everyone is difference) once you're under anesthesia in order to find the most appropriate size. Dr. Chaffoo and his team all agreed the 275ccs were best for my body and the natural look I wanted. I chose silicone implants over salines, because particularly for women with smaller frames, I think they have a much softer and more natural look and feel to them. Also, I did share my procedure with a few friends and family members. Please let me know of there are any other questions I can answer for you. Have a great day.
One more small note...I went with high profile implants. My overall chest width is quite narrow, so Dr. Chaffoo and I agreed that they would be a more appropriate fit for my frame than a moderate or moderate plus profile. He and his team are very helpful in educating you to determine the size and profile that best suits your body measurements. Hope that helps.

That is wonderful that your PS brought 3 sizes into the OR and determined "real time" what was best for your body frame. What was your pre op cup size and what do you think your new cup size will be? We'd love to know what your stats are for your smaller framed body. Thanks for your willingness to share your experience!

Hi, Beth, That's a great question. I was an A pre surgery and am expecting to be a full B post surgery. I won't know for sure the final cup size for another few weeks though, so that's an estimate. My pleasure, and I hope the info is helpful!