Incredible TUBA & BOTOX Results from Dr. Shumway - La Jolla, CA

After many years of research and contemplation, I...

After many years of research and contemplation, I decided on Dr. Shumway for my TUBA surgery due to his expertise in the procedure. The primary reason I desired a breast augmentation was so that my top (originally 32A) would match my curvy waist and hips.

The speed of my recovery was unbelievable:  took few pain pills after the procedure, didn't have significant bruises on my abdomen, drove myself to the 24-hour post-op appointment, and missed just 2.5 days of work (was back in the office Wednesday afternoon after my Monday morning surgery).  The only scar evidence of the procedure is a 1cm mark inside my belly button.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

I went to Dr. Shumway for an under-the-muscle transumbilical breast augmentation (TUBA) in March 2008, and nothing about the experience wasn't perfect; I simply listened to Dr. Shumway and did everything I needed to do to take care of myself. Also, since early 2008 I've visited Dr. Shumway's office to receive BOTOX injections in my forehead. Now I go to the office about every 4-5 months to eliminate the severe horizontal line that showed up during my early 20s, a line that I refer to as The Grand Canyon. The office is intimate and comfortable. I appreciate the variety of magazines and brochures in the waiting room, though I've never had to wait very long. Dr. Shumway is incredible, and "love" is a word I think I'd use to describe the way I feel about Mary (Surgical Assistant, EMT, Aesthetician), Jillian (Cosmetologist), and Kathy (Practice Manager). Really warm, knowledgeable people. I truly look forward to every appointment, which sounds cliché but is the truth.

Thank you for sharing your experience! It sounds like you had a great experience!

~Kym E

Hello to everyone! Hey, this is Mary at SHUMWAY COSMETIC SURGERY and I want to say "Thank You" for all the nice things so many of you have said to me over the years. It brings tears of joy to me! We love you all so much!!

Thanks for posting your experience on RealSelf. I'm sure it will help lots of other women looking for information on a TUBA breast aug!

Wow, that sounds incredible! Congrats, I would love to see pics!