49, Male, Ultherapy to Tighten Jawline - La Canada Flintridge, CA

About a year ago I started to notice sagging...

About a year ago I started to notice sagging around my jaw line and the skin on my neck becoming slack. After debating for 6 months -- and despite some of the cautionary stories I'd read on Real Self -- I decided to try Ultherapy (mid face and neck). My biggest concern was the pain, which turned out to be much more manageable than expected. The nurse offered -- and I accepted -- both Valium and Vicodin as well as numbing cream. The pain I experienced with meds was about the same as an IPL without meds -- it wasn't fun but it was totally manageable. The procedure lasted 70 minutes and I had no post-procedure pain. After an hour there is was no redness or bruising. I will post photos and updates monthly.

Ultherapy - 3 days post procedure

I did not have any bruising, redness or lumps post procedure -- all concerns I had going in. I had slight tenderness on both cheekbones for a couple of days but this is now gone.

Ultherapy - 6 days post procedure

Like I've read in other posts I did start to experience soreness around the jawline starting at day 4. It's only tender when I wash my face, etc. I don't notice it other times.

One-month Update

After 3 weeks the soreness along the jawline was gone. I do experience an occasional twitch in my lower jaw, which stops after a couple of minutes -- perhaps the twitch is coincidental but my hunch is it's related to the procedure because I've never had it before.

At one month there is still no visible change, although I hadn't expected to see anything until 3+ months. I'll post photos if there's anything to see!

Two-month Update

At two months I don't see any changes. Fortunately the twitching I experienced in my lower jaw has stopped. I was told to wait three months but I'm not optimistic at this point.
Jennifer

Radiance Medical Spa Jennifer is terrific. I have total trust in her expertise and skills.