49, Male, Ultherapy to Tighten Jawline - La Canada Flintridge, CA

About a year ago I started to notice sagging...

About a year ago I started to notice sagging around my jaw line and the skin on my neck becoming slack. After debating for 6 months -- and despite some of the cautionary stories I'd read on Real Self -- I decided to try Ultherapy (mid face and neck). My biggest concern was the pain, which turned out to be much more manageable than expected. The nurse offered -- and I accepted -- both Valium and Vicodin as well as numbing cream. The pain I experienced with meds was about the same as an IPL without meds -- it wasn't fun but it was totally manageable. The procedure lasted 70 minutes and I had no post-procedure pain. After an hour there is was no redness or bruising. I will post photos and updates monthly.

Ultherapy - 3 days post procedure

I did not have any bruising, redness or lumps post procedure -- all concerns I had going in. I had slight tenderness on both cheekbones for a couple of days but this is now gone.

Ultherapy - 6 days post procedure

Like I've read in other posts I did start to experience soreness around the jawline starting at day 4. It's only tender when I wash my face, etc. I don't notice it other times.

One-month Update

After 3 weeks the soreness along the jawline was gone. I do experience an occasional twitch in my lower jaw, which stops after a couple of minutes -- perhaps the twitch is coincidental but my hunch is it's related to the procedure because I've never had it before.

At one month there is still no visible change, although I hadn't expected to see anything until 3+ months. I'll post photos if there's anything to see!

Two-month Update

At two months I don't see any changes. Fortunately the twitching I experienced in my lower jaw has stopped. I was told to wait three months but I'm not optimistic at this point.
Jennifer

Radiance Medical Spa Jennifer is terrific. I have total trust in her expertise and skills.

La...don't lose faith...supposedly the biggest changes come between 2 and 3 months!!! Hoping you get the results you want!!!!! Have a great day, Jill
Couldn't see pics!
At one month there was no change. Hopefully there will be something to show at two months!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

You are mistaken.
LA, I have to tell you to ignore these ignorant people who go on this site believing everything and everyone is a "plant" and that we are getting paid to post good reviews. It's happened to me twice and while it is annoying, for the most part people are very supportive here. It IS called REALself for a reason. I hope you get everything out of the procedure that you wanted. I'd love to see some pics if you have some . Best wishes, Jill
I too had a sore face still there at times but its ok if u get the results.
I agree! The post-procedure pain was minimal. Look forward to hearing your results, too!
Thanks same here
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.  Pain is also my biggest fear.  If you have any pre and post pictures you care to share that would be great.
Well they say no pain no gain. I so think it was worth it. I would do it again.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Why do you even bother posting here? Your comments do not serve any purpose...go somewhere else to spread your negativity.