Subcision and Fat Grafting for Acne Scarring - Kolkata, India

Hi All , I am Soham and I am recent but but...

Hi All ,

I am Soham and I am recent but but frequent member of this blog. Well ,I has a severe acne since my early teen and now when I am at 25 I have severe scarring due to that.I have tried many thing like with little invasive like microdermabrasion, dermarolling,chemical peeling.Nothing seems to work.Then almost 1 year ago I developed two cysts on the both my cheeks which had to surgically be removed and thus I developed stitch scar along with acne and my face was a mess.I then videted to may derm and plastic surgeon in my city and only one proceedure remains and that was Laser.He suggested mt ablative laser as my scarring was pretty much severe and it look ever more due to the surgical scars.I was a bit nervous because It was a costly process and couldn't afford if it sort of fails and It did faif.I dad 0% improvements with my first one and the derm said you need three more cause you have severe scarring and I was a bit worried as I have Asian skin complexion.Then I sort of found another plastic surgeon in my city who suggested me have subcision and then fat grafting before going to any resurfacing..I has all type of scars Boxscar, ice pick and even surgical.

Today ,I has this procedure done.I has it done under full anesthesia so I cant say how was the procedure.Now my face is is swollen like hell and is now covered with bandages.I am going to take that out on day after tomorrow.I will post gradually how I heal.This procedure is not going to take care of the narrow ice pick scar but going to improve my boxscar and surgical for sure at least this what I am thinking.My PS said this will definitely going to improve my depth of scarring and then he wants a total ablative laser to complete the procedure but that is after 6 month because autologous fat takes 6 month to settle down.
Thanks for patience.I like you to post if you or your friends have similar sort of experience regarding fat grafting in acne scar and also I will welcome any sort of quaries.

Dear Soham, I am from Bangladesh,here doctor advice for subcision &fat grafting or Dermabration,but my skin color is dark,so subcision &fat grafting is appropriate for me--have u any improve ur scar by subcision &fat grafting??Name of ur plastic surgeon who done these & cost of subcision &fat grafting u paid--please inf me-i develop both ice pick &boxcar acne scar in my face--so i want 2 come ur country for treatment.thanking u
Hi Niloy , I havent done laser resurfacing yet, I plan to go for it later this year.This will my first and last try for my acne scars.If you do anything for your scars please post here.
Niloy. Dear Soham what about you after deep ablative laser resurfacing your improvemnt?I also suffer from boxcar acne scar
Niloy D
No...Kriya.It is already more than 1 month.and I didn't see much of improvement.Now I plan to go for Laser Abrasion.Not sure when I can go for Laser,cause right now I am facing some job related troubles.I have to solve that first.Then I can think of laser,but I will do it for sure......
Try subcision-suction! Look it up. Some people are getting dramatic improvement in their scarring! I'm in the process of doing it myself.
sorry that subsicion didnt do much.what are you planning to do next?maybe u have to wait for the improvement to happen,after subsicion
Hi ,

Sorry I was little infrequent off late.but speaking about the result subcision and fat grafting.Definitely not worth the amount of money I spend.Please dont go for it.I think Laser can only improve the acne scars and dermabrasion.Other can do nothing for your acne scars if they are deep.If you want to give it a try go for Lasers.If you are not satisfied,yet it will give some improvements,but the other wont do a single cents even.
actually it's not fresh acne scar, it has been there for 8 years.
your scars arent bad at all.u have two scars which look like fresh acne marks,they wil go away in a few months time.My skin is almost the same like yours.
By the way, I just change my profile picture, can you take a look at the scar and give a comment, thanks
Alright, I guess i'll go for retinoid cream. Thank you for the help
As far as i know,hydroquinone creams are supposed to lighten scars.But they made my skin red so i stopped.retinoid creams are the next best choice..they are available everywhere.retin-A ,renova etc are some of the brands.chemical peeling helped a friend of mine.she had horrible scars.But now her skin is smooth and clear.she underwent chemical peeling once in evry 15days for a year.
To think of it, my scars aren't that serious, but the rolling scars are quite deep and can't be covered with make up, it's even more obvious if i take picture at night i've tried vitamin E cream for a year but it's not fading. Recently there's lot of promotion on derma roller and microabrasion which you can do it at home and many of them gave good feedback. What do you think about it, and how can a get the retinoid?
hi,Are your scars that bad to go for surgery?surgery is a risk.could either make your scars fade or even worsen it.i dont think a topical antibiotic wil work for scars.but if your doctor has given u,then u try it out.Maybe it is combined with a retinoid and may help..i have scars too but dont have the guts to experiment with procedures.so i just conceal them with makeup.
Hi, I'm currently living in India, I don't really have a serious acne problem but with 2 rolling scars on my right cheek (which are half cm in size) and ice pick scars on left cheek for the past 8yrs, it's really disappointing. Only by today i have guts to ask dermatologist, i was not convinced when he said that scars will heal, he gave me topical antibiotic and zyndet bar soap. I wish I can post my picture here but i don't know how. Should I proceed with that or go for surgery? What is the average price for one session of dermal refiller/derma roller in India currency?
Try for Dr Rinky Kapoor in Mumbai or Dr Sachin Varma Kolkata. The latter is my doctor and his treatment has removed all my hyperpigmentation marks.
HI ,
I don't see much of a change from outside,but my doc says it has reduced in depth from inside.Now It is the ideal time to go for laser and this will give me positive result..I dont have any choice.I have go with him....
In our country,doctors give isotroin only when we insist.Till then..they keep us loaded with antibiotics and topicals.how are your scars no
Hi Kriya,

Yes I had very intense redness and peeling of skin during winter.It was very too much dry cause I used this in the winter,but still you love the effect cause It will stop acne to break out.I started to see result on month after I used it and after two month or so all of my upcoming acne came off and since then till now I didint have a single acne whats so ever.Thats a great things.But alas I used this too late.I used 20 mg.I thing derms determines what dosage you required.
hyper pigmentation is supposed to be cured by hydroquinone cream but dis cream made my skin red so i stopped it,after just one use. acne scars wil fade a bit with time and since u have done this fat subsicison procedure,it wil fade faster.just relax and be more patient!you can hide bad scars with kryolan dermcolor creme.it really works.but it only conceals,doesnt cure.
am contemplating going on isotroin after i stop feeding my baby.i have used evrything else except that.i get cystic acne now and then.did u have any side effects with isotroin,other than dry skin?and what dose did u take?am thinking of a minimal dose of 20 or 10mg.And by the way i hope your derm had given u kenacort injections on your acne.They make the acne disappear in 3 days with v.less scarring
Yes...thats a risk.Thats what I asked my PS and he said that is a chance people like me have to take,but with we can minimize the risk with proper after care.I have already received a laser treatment(Total Fx Laser),but It was a very much lighter procedure still I have some knowledge to it.After trying so many things and failed in every case have decided to go.
And yeah..I had acne since 13 upto last.Last year I tried Ratin-A and Isotroin and within 3 month all my acne were vanished.Since then till not a single break out,but the damage was done by then.I have scar.You have mentioned that hyperpigmentation means uneven skin tone and dark patches.Is this problem is permanent?Is it something better than these ugly scars or even worst??Do you have any idea??
Try for melalite 15 morning clearz in the evening everyday for a month it will clear
hyperpigmentation wil leave you with uneven skin tone and dark patches