Four Weeks out and I'm Thrilled! - Knoxville, TN

Dr Reath did my full tummy tuck with lipo in mid...

Dr Reath did my full tummy tuck with lipo in mid July. I had loose skin from two pregnancies where I gained over 50 lbs each time. I also had some abdominal fat that I just could not get rid of. I'm 36, about 160 lbs and workout five days a week. I have toned arms and legs, but my tummy was just disgusting.

Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Dr Reath did my full tummy tuck with lipo in mid July. I had loose skin from two pregnancies where I gained over 50 lbs each time. I also had some abdominal fat that I just could not get rid of. I'm 36, about 160 lbs and workout five days a week. I have toned arms and legs, but my tummy was just disgusting. At four weeks out I have some minimal swelling, but I am starting to feel like myself again. Dr Reath and his staff have been concerned, caring and always made me feel like I was the most important patient in the office. I would recommend him to anyone. I do wish that I had been a bit more prepared for the recovery. I wasn't worried about the pain and it honestly wasn't too bad. However, the inability to move around and do normal daily activities for at least three weeks was hard on my psyche. I battled a touch of the blues, just sitting in my house and watching the world go on without me. There is only so much HGTV a girl can watch! However, I'm almost 100% myself again and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Glad u are happy 4 wks out and it keeps getting better!
I'm a dummy and didn't take any before photos. I'm hoping my doctor can give me a copy. I have a few pics on my phone of after. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to do it.
Sounds like you had a great experience. Update photos please

Welcome to RealSelf and thank you for the wonderful review.

This is along hard recovery but well worth it in the end.  You are through the worst part and it's now all up hill.

I am happy to hear you are doing so well and that your spirits are back up.  We all go through the blues for a while but it quickly passes.  Enjoy your new tummy and have fun shopping for some new clothes!

Keep us up to date on how you are doing and please post some before and after pics if you feel comfortable doing so.