Glad I Finally Did It! - Knoxville, TN

I had my tummy tuck 7-30-2013, finally after just...

I had my tummy tuck 7-30-2013, finally after just talking about it for so long! So far it hasn't been as bad as I'd imagined. I have very little pain except when I'm getting in or out of the recliner. I've had some problems urinating, but it is getting better. I've been sleeping a lot which is so unusual for me! Trying to get up and walk every hour or two, I don't really get tired, I just start hurting and have to go back to the recliner. The hardest part of all this is not being able to go running. I'll try to get some pictures on here later.
Welcome to the family enjoy ur new look.

Discomfort tonight

Having some discomfort tonight. The pain is not bad, it's just hard to get comfortable. The hardest part for me is having to rely on others and not being able to exercise.
you are doing very well and about right for your time. first 3 days are horrible since we are pretty helpless. it improves slowly, then you will see big difference by 2 weeks. if you do work, maybe do not listen to them about how 2 weeks is fine to go back. i went. it is and it isn't. too exhausting, altho you do not feel as fatigued at home. and i had hernia repair and some other stuff which makes mine painful in that spot. you will not have that.you will be very happy with your appearance and clothes.
Thanks for the support. I am tired today, but still trying to walk every couple of hours. I'm taking 4 weeks off from work.

Bored!

Some discomfort, hate the binder and drain. Mostly just so incredibly bored and tired of sitting. I've been going for frequent walks around the house, but that is boring too, lol.
Had mine the same day as you! Doing well overall, other then the binder and the pump
Yes, the binder is so uncomfortable and I can't wait to get the drain out. I have a post op appointment Monday, I'm hoping he will remove the drain. My main problem has been boredom. I'm also used to running everyday so I'm very restless and just want my life back to normal!

Better

Felt a little better today. Walked for 25 minutes after drinking my coffee, it really helped. I hope so much I get my drain out tomorrow.

Getting better!

Today is the most normal I've felt. I feel like I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm trying to get up and walk every hour or two and eating as healthy as I can with lots of veggies and fruit. Also drinking a lot of water, I think that helps me a lot.
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Reath is an excellent doctor, very patient and caring.