just had my upper lip lift today. pretty satisfied - Knoxville, TN

I went in this morning for my upper lip lift. My...

I went in this morning for my upper lip lift. My overall experience at the plastic surgery center was pleasant and comfortable, except that I did feel it when they made the incisions, and soon after that it went totally numb. It must have been particially numb already because it did hurt quite a bit, but it wasn't so bad that I couldn't stand it. I didn't feel the need to let them know. Not after it numbed up the rest of the way at least. I wasn't completely asleep, though the medicine did make me tired enough, along with lack of sleep, to doze in and out during surgery. The incisions look very nice, though they did bleed a little at first. Theyve since stopped. My nostrils are not swollen at all. The only thing that worries me is that my lips cannot touch at the moment. Theres a lot of tooth show as of now, and I kind of look like a donkey or a rabbit or something. The nurse said it's just because it's so tight and swollen and that it will get better over the next few days. I took a week off work anyway, so hopefully it will look more normal by the time I go back. SO FAR, i am very happy and think it was definitely worth it :)

Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

I gave them the benefit of the doubt and rated my after care follow up score highly, but other than that, everything was great. I wont know for sure about the follow up for another week though. Will add photos after my follow up :)

Please post photos for us
Hello,
I'm in the Knoxville area too and would love to see your before and after. I figured that procedure would be hard to find in this area. I hope all is well!
MJeanBunch,
Glad to hear that all went well for you with LL surgery. Look forward to hearing about your progress.

Congrats on having your surgery done!! I can't believe you could feel some of it & didn't say anything! Talk about a tough cookie!!

Glad to hear you are liking the way it looks so far. Keep us updated on how you are doing & what things are looking like!

thanks :) i will be sure to update after my follow up. swelling has been on/off today. still no problems with bleeding/pain for the most part. it does hurt occasionally if i laugh though. i'm happy to know that my top and bottom lips are actually able to touch, at least when the swelling is settled down. but like i said, it has come and gone throughout the day. i dont think things could have gone much better than they did :)

So glad to hear that!! :)