Know What You Are Doing - asian woman, with a complexion between fair and wheatish - Orlando, FL

My experience with Chemical peel was pretty bad...

My experience with Chemical peel was pretty bad and i strongly suggest that you get it done only from a Doctor if you have to. I am an asian woman, with a complexion between fair and wheatish. Someone told me that chemical peels are great if you have acne scars, so i dashed to a spa, hoping i would be able to get rid of all these horrible acne marks.Little did i know that they would get worse. As soon as the treatment started, my face began to burn as if it was on fire. I tried to be calm for a minute or so, even the staff told me that some pain is natural, but i knew that something wasn't right. I couldn't take the pain any more and demanded that my face be cleaned immidiately. I rushed home and by evening, my face was full of red, scary blisters that looked like chicken pox. I was still in alot of pain and i washed my face again and again with ice cold water, even took a painkiller but it didnt help that much. After a few days my skin began to peel.It was not just peeling, but literally coming off. My skin became light and very sensitive and even washing my face and applying moisturizer was a hard task. After that, i started getting breakouts. My face becme worse and i was super depressed.My skin took a long time to heal and now, i just dont wish to get a chemical peel ever again.Maybe my skin was allergic to the chemicals, i don't know. My advice to you is that if you decide to go for a chemical peel, just make sure you go to a good doctor and weigh the pros and cons and if possible, even test for allergies. There might be a lot of people and spas out there that are not certified and if you have to get a chemical peel done, please go to a good reputed clinic instead. You might spend a little extra money, but atleast if you will be safer. Either which way, ladies, make sure you read all side effects, advantages and disadvantages before subjecting your face to harsh chemicals.