Not So Simple

I had my first Fraxel treatment 2 days ago in...

I had my first Fraxel treatment 2 days ago in order to try to correct my acne scars. I am 27 years old and don't have any other skin issues. The session was quite painful. the gel she put on my skin prior to the laser made my skin very red and I felt a great disconfort. the session was quite painful but i was able to get through it without having to take a break.right aftre the treatment my face felt like it was on fire. I used the AC in my car to try to cool it down. the intense heat lasted for about 3-4 hours. my skin was quite swollen but not so red until the day after. This is day 3 and I have a thin crust of dry skin around my mouth and nose area. the rest of my face is very red.My face is still swolen and very dry I can't slime or eat without feel like my skin is going to crack. It looks to me it's going to be at least 3 more days before i can leave my house. i do not recommend this teatment to anyone who can't take time off from work or school. even if you put make up it will not cover it. it looks like it's going to be a long time febore my skin is back to normal.

Thank you for posting your experience with the treatment.  Sounds very painful so I am glad you were able to finish the process.

Do let us know how the healing progresses and if you are happy with the final results.