Just Had It Done - Kirkland, WA

I had SmartXide Dot Fraxel for face and neck. I am...

I had SmartXide Dot Fraxel for face and neck. I am 44 years old. I have significant acne scaring, some small sun spots, very large pores, lines between my nose and mouth and between my eyebrows and some loose skin on my neck under my chin and my eyes are a little more hooded than they used to be. I do have some very faint horizontal wrinkling on my forehead but no real problems with wrinkles otherwise. I had it done to improve my scarring and skin texture. The procedure was relatively painless, he applied a mixture of lidocaine and tetracaine to my skin for one hour prior to the procedure. My face burned like I had a pretty bad sunburn for 2 hours, not bad enough to need to use the iced towels. Today is day two and I am dark red and brownish patched, with the areas around my eyes pretty swollen. I am covered wtih bacitracin ointment so my skin is shiny. Apparently I don't look as hideous as I think because someone asked me if I had just come from the gym. When I told her no, that I had been lasered yesterday, she said that I just looked red and shiny, like I had just worked out. So, all in all, so far so good.

Looking like you just came from the gym isn't too bad. I say take advantage, put on your yoga pants, pull your hair up & go comfy till your face feels better! ;)

Keep us posted on how your skin looks and feels as you heal up.

Aura Laser

I haven't had my follow up yet. The doctor was very friendly, informative and took the time to answer all my questions. I brought a friend with me and he answered all her quesitons also.