Can't Believe I Did It, and Can't Believe I Didn't Do This Much Sooner - Kirkland, WA

Hello! I was an early developer and was wearing a...

Hello! I was an early developer and was wearing a D cup by the time I was 13 years old. I got a lot of unwanted attention throughout my younger years and was actually molested. I've always hated my boobs (and not because of the ugly attention I got for them) but because I always looked frumpy and heavy and disproportionate with them. I was never a heavy teenager, but I always felt insecure and embarrassed. I hated the summer time and would do everything possible to avoid having to go swimming. When I was in college I lost a ton of weight to try to get rid of them. I ended up being borderline anorexic and very skinny, but my boobs were still pretty big. Finally, I just got tired of it all and after two babies and hitting age 39, I decided to look into reduction surgery. It's only been three days since having it done, and I couldn't be more pleased! I got to see them for the first time yesterday, and I look proportionate and look about 10 lbs lighter. I don't dread going to my closet to find something to wear in order to "hide" myself, but I'm excited about wearing things that will make me feel good and look good for my body type. The only thing that was really hard was waking up after surgery. I felt a lot of burning, my sternum felt like it was cracked in two, and was super nauseated. But as soon as the nursed knew I was in pain, they immediately gave me meds in my IV and I was sent home with a lot of pain meds and antibiotics. My recovery has been pretty easy, considering that it was major surgery just a few days ago. Right now, I mostly just feel really itchy. If you are considering doing this, please check into it. I'm not even able to be active yet because I'm still recovering, but I already feel so much freer and relieved!
Glad to hear your relief / similar to me in many ways especially how I felt about my size compared to my body- all the best with recovery!
Thank you! I'm just so relieved and really looking forward to being able to enjoy life in ways that I wasn't able to before.
Totally it's a new lease on life for many - for me it will be in being able to wear certain clothes and to finally stand tall lol get fit and toned - healthy in as many ways - large particularly pendulous breasts are really hard to manage - I'm so relieved and looking forward to summer like never before! :)
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Pratt and his staff were so kind and patient with me. They understood my fears and were very personable and caring. I'd definitely recommend them. They even sent me flowers after I got home from surgery!