Breast Augmentation - Kirkland, WA

I was initially quite hesitant about getting...

I was initially quite hesitant about getting breast implants as I had never had any plastic surgery procedures, but was becoming increasingly self-conscious about my breasts after breast-feeding and feeling "deflated" (physically and psychologically!). I was on the fence going into the consultation with Dr. Pratt, but by the time I left, I knew that I had found a surgeon who understood my goals and would be more than capable of getting me the results I had in mind. One thing in particular that I appreciated about Dr. Pratt and his staff was that there was no pressure whatsoever to pursue something I wasn't comfortable with. In fact, I went into the first appointment convinced that I needed a breast lift and implants; however after an exam, Dr. Pratt took the time to explain why a lift wasn't necessary at this time. He also took his time explaining the type of implant he would use (saline), where and why he recommended placing the implant over the muscle (in my case, it made more sense because of the amount of breast tissue I had), where the incision would be made, and an overview of how the procedure would take place and what to expect. He and his nurse, Sarah (she is great!), also spent time explaining the risks and realistic outcomes, and together we spent a considerable amount of time discussing and narrowing down the ideal implant size that would be most proportional to my body type. I appreciated hearing what to expect during the day of surgery and the healing process, and not just glossing over the "fine print" the way that some health care providers do. This not only prepared me for the actual surgery, but gave me peace of mind as I recovered. All of pre-operation details were conducted at Dr. Pratt's Kirkland office, including the blood work so I didn't have to go to an outside lab, and I never felt rushed or that my questions weren't taken seriously. The day of surgery went exactly as planned, and it was very convenient being able to have the surgery take place at Dr. Pratt's surgery center at the same location as his office, rather than going to an actual hospital. The overall environment was very comfortable, and because of the nature of the procedure, I liked being in a more private setting. My recovery went extremely well, and all of the literature I was given and pre-op conversations truly made a difference in knowing the best ways I could heal with the least amount of pain. My husband I were encouraged to call the office at any time with questions, and there was never a time that Dr. Pratt couldn't be reached (really!). As a patient, this was a HUGE plus to know that we would get to speak with an actual person when we called, and not just an automated answering service. In addition, I felt that any questions or concerns were taken seriously, and when they said they were going to do something (medication refills, scheduling follow-up appointments, etc.), they followed through! I am thrilled with my results - they are better than I had thought possible! It has been wonderful to experience something with an outcome that exceeded my expectations, and I would trust Dr. Pratt with any "nips or tucks" that I may need in the future.
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

I don't think I have ever met or interacted with any physician with a better bedside manner than Dr. Pratt. The same holds true for his nurse, Sarah, and entire staff. I felt extremely confident in his medical expertise, but also felt that he took the time to listen and understand me as a patient and person. I think the ability to built rapport with patients is especially important when dealing with an issue that has a more personal component, such as a breast augmentation. Not only did I feel comfortable during discussions and exams with Dr. Pratt, but my husband did as well (I think this says a lot!). His office even took the time to send flowers following surgery, and gave every indication that they genuinely cared about how I was feeling! I trust Dr. Pratt completely to do what is best, and for me, that's what really matters.

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. I'm happy to hear you found a wonderful PS and that you're happy with your results. Seems like many women are getting silicone implants these days. Curious as to what made you get saline? (I have 8 year old saline implants.) How many cc's did you get? Glad to hear you are doing well 5 months post op. Hope you're enjoying your new look!