45 yr old mom of 7 Ready for next phase of life! It's my time!

Hi everyone, I'm a crazy busy mom, (45 yrs young) ...

Hi everyone, I'm a crazy busy mom, (45 yrs young) and wife. I way the same today, that I did 17 1/2 yrs ago when I gave birth to my Babyboy. I had 2 children and adopted 5, while I was a single mother for 16 years. I've been remarried now for a little over 2 and want to be able to be healthy and happy for my family for many years to come. My husband was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, so I've already changed our families diet for the better and this procedure is something I've been thinking about for many years now. It's time for the next chapter in my life with my wonderful husband and children.

We went today to Texas Bariatric Specialist with my husband by my side for the seminar, evaluation, initial meet with the physician and visit with the dietician. We were there for 3 1/2 hours and all went well. I decided on the sleeve procedure, due to the lesser downtime. I'm 5'4" and weighed in at 235 today. My husband loves me and supports me 100%. The visit went well and they gave me a script to have an upper GI scope and lab work done. I have to make myself star walking daily, which I will start tomorrow with my trusty hairy friend "Buckeye" she will pull me around the neighborhood. We left there and immediately went by the hospital and scheduled the upper GI for next week. The lady at the registration office laughed when I asked for it to be done asap. She said "people don't normally get excited about having a GI scope" I figure it's the next step in making it towards the procedure. Per my insurance I have to do a 3 month pre op diet, which is fine. I'm excited about the next steps and will post more as things progress. After my GI procedure next week, I'm already scheduled for the psychologist visit on 06/20 and will continue the pre diet for the next 3 months.
Best wishes in your journey and Welcome!!!!!
Well had my upper GI scope done yesterday and it was a piece of cake. No issues found. Now ready for next Friday for the psych eval, should be fun. Glad to be moving forward with the steps to get approved for the surgery.
Welcome! Sounds like you have everything planned out pretty quickly. Keep your motivation going and keep us updated with your progress. There's a lot of support around here for you. :-)

Psychological Exam - Check

Had my psychological exam today and other than answering too many questions about nothing, it was a piece of cake. I passed! Yeah. Now just 3 months of monitoring and get my labs done for approval. Just another step in the path towards my brighter, healthier tomorrow.

Upper GI Check

Sorry, forgot to post that this was fine as well. Had it last week, all good to continue.

Jumped through a couple hurdles and keep moving forward

Had my labs done and had 1st weigh in of three before insurance will cover the procedure. I lost 3 lbs and the nutritionist was happy with my progress. I go back on August 8th for next weigh in and then September and then to get it approved. Wish me luck!
Anticipation! Hope you get an op date soon. Thanks for sharing and I'll look forward to more updates!
Awesome! Continued Success!!
Wishing you huge amounts of luck, congrats on the loss!

45 yr old mom of 7 ready to regain my life! Ready to not hurt anymore!

Had my 2nd weigh in required by the insurance company and only 1 more to go! My weight was the same but since I've been doing some traveling, I wasn't surprised, never eat as well when living out of a suitcase. Next weigh in is September 19th and then they will present to the insurance company for approval. I've jumped through all the other hoops, completed all the tests, now just ready to move forward with the next phase in my life.
Good luck and wishing you much success.
Thanks...I'm was hoping to get my date for my birthday which is Sept 22nd, but since my last weigh in is the 19th, probably not likely. But on the plus side, I will still be able to eat a slice of German Chocolate Cake...my fav.

Last weigh in finished yesterday!

Now just have to wait for the insurance company to approve. They say they have everything they need and will send it off on Monday for approval. If approved, should have pre-op in 2 weeks and surgery 2 weeks after that. Yeah! Ready to keep moving forward and find the smaller me hiding inside my shell.
Surgery rescheduled for 10/30/14 at a different hospital so all is well. Just got back from my preoperative testing, EKG, Chest Xray and labs. Fun times but keep moving forward.

Hate Waiting for word from Insurance Company

Still no word on approval...hate waiting for other people to make decisions about my life!
I'm going to be in your shoes in November. Fingers crossed you hear good news soon!
Good luck on the insurance pre-authorization! I sometimes think these hurdles and obstacles are in place to prepare us for all the challenges ahead....
Thanks. I'm sure it will be fine, I'm just ready to get started with finding the me who has been hiding inside this shell for a quite a while. Hoping it will help with my severe back and knee pain, high blood pressure, GERD and High Cholesterol. It's going to be a struggle, but I'm up for the fight!

INSURANCE FINALLY APPROVED - SET FOR OCTOBER 29TH - YEAH!!

So happy that the insurance company approved today. Now just have to goto pre-op class on Friday, start my liquid diet tomorrow and have some labs redrawn. Kinda scary now that it's all approved to know it's going forward and the next chapter of my life will begin in 2 more weeks. Just in time because normally I'd eat tons of candy with my children for Halloween but this year, older daughter going to take them Trick or Treating since I'll be recovering. Feels like I can breath a sigh of relief.
Good luck with your progress, I'm 9 days post op today and feeling so much better. I'm 2 days away from my first post op weigh in... I'm very excited also looking forward to following your progress.....
Oh I'll know what it's like just a few days before its your turn! Glad it turned out well insurance wise!
What's your goal weight?

Day 5 of pre op diet down 6 lbs. Yeah

Haven't been hungry drinking lots of liquid and getting between 80-90 grams of protien
Great Job!! Good luck :)

Guys I need support and patience!

My surgery just got cancelled and put on hold until the doctor finds another hospital/date for me. Mess up with the prior hospital no longer taking Cigna for their surgeries! I'm beyond pissed!!! I need a zen moment before I blow my top on this doctor's office!!! I will keep you posted.
Oh No! Just remember everything happens for a reason! Hope you get a new date soon.
I am so sorry for your disappointment! Thank you though for keeping us updated on your progress... and set backs... by people like you sharing, when I run into problems along my journey, I can handle it pretty darn well! good luck and I'm sending positive thoughts your way!
Hang in there. Anything you have to do is well worth the result. As of Tuesday I am 3 weeks post gadtric sleeve and would not change a thing. Down 29lbs You will be amazed. I still can't believe I did it. Be patient loose that extra weight on your liquid diet and you will breeze right through and be telling people about your success and feeling like you haven't felt in a long time. Keep us posted.
Texas Bariatric Specialist