45 yr old mom of 7 Ready for next phase of life! It's my time!

Hi everyone, I'm a crazy busy mom, (45 yrs young) ...

Hi everyone, I'm a crazy busy mom, (45 yrs young) and wife. I way the same today, that I did 17 1/2 yrs ago when I gave birth to my Babyboy. I had 2 children and adopted 5, while I was a single mother for 16 years. I've been remarried now for a little over 2 and want to be able to be healthy and happy for my family for many years to come. My husband was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, so I've already changed our families diet for the better and this procedure is something I've been thinking about for many years now. It's time for the next chapter in my life with my wonderful husband and children.

We went today to Texas Bariatric Specialist with my husband by my side for the seminar, evaluation, initial meet with the physician and visit with the dietician. We were there for 3 1/2 hours and all went well. I decided on the sleeve procedure, due to the lesser downtime. I'm 5'4" and weighed in at 235 today. My husband loves me and supports me 100%. The visit went well and they gave me a script to have an upper GI scope and lab work done. I have to make myself star walking daily, which I will start tomorrow with my trusty hairy friend "Buckeye" she will pull me around the neighborhood. We left there and immediately went by the hospital and scheduled the upper GI for next week. The lady at the registration office laughed when I asked for it to be done asap. She said "people don't normally get excited about having a GI scope" I figure it's the next step in making it towards the procedure. Per my insurance I have to do a 3 month pre op diet, which is fine. I'm excited about the next steps and will post more as things progress. After my GI procedure next week, I'm already scheduled for the psychologist visit on 06/20 and will continue the pre diet for the next 3 months.

Psychological Exam - Check

Had my psychological exam today and other than answering too many questions about nothing, it was a piece of cake. I passed! Yeah. Now just 3 months of monitoring and get my labs done for approval. Just another step in the path towards my brighter, healthier tomorrow.

Upper GI Check

Sorry, forgot to post that this was fine as well. Had it last week, all good to continue.

Jumped through a couple hurdles and keep moving forward

Had my labs done and had 1st weigh in of three before insurance will cover the procedure. I lost 3 lbs and the nutritionist was happy with my progress. I go back on August 8th for next weigh in and then September and then to get it approved. Wish me luck!

45 yr old mom of 7 ready to regain my life! Ready to not hurt anymore!

Had my 2nd weigh in required by the insurance company and only 1 more to go! My weight was the same but since I've been doing some traveling, I wasn't surprised, never eat as well when living out of a suitcase. Next weigh in is September 19th and then they will present to the insurance company for approval. I've jumped through all the other hoops, completed all the tests, now just ready to move forward with the next phase in my life.
Texas Bariatric Specialist

Texas Bariatric Specialist

Good luck and wishing you much success.
Thanks...I'm was hoping to get my date for my birthday which is Sept 22nd, but since my last weigh in is the 19th, probably not likely. But on the plus side, I will still be able to eat a slice of German Chocolate Cake...my fav.
Anticipation! Hope you get an op date soon. Thanks for sharing and I'll look forward to more updates!
Awesome! Continued Success!!
Wishing you huge amounts of luck, congrats on the loss!
Wishing you the best of luck. I will say a prayer for your success. Keep us posted!
Best wishes in your journey and Welcome!!!!!
Well had my upper GI scope done yesterday and it was a piece of cake. No issues found. Now ready for next Friday for the psych eval, should be fun. Glad to be moving forward with the steps to get approved for the surgery.
Welcome! Sounds like you have everything planned out pretty quickly. Keep your motivation going and keep us updated with your progress. There's a lot of support around here for you. :-)
I second the welcome, what a great decision you're making for your health. I'm a year older than you, and heavier, and I have my sleeve on June 14th, only four days away! I hope we can all support each other.
Thanks Allie and best of wishes for your procedure on Saturday. Congrats, I'm excited for you. I have just started the journey and have to go through 3 months waiting for the insurance to pay. I'm having my Upper GI Scope done on Thursday, so that's one more step in the right direction. I've never had one of them, so not sure what to expect. Sending prayers for you and your surgery for a quick recovery.
It's not too bad, the upper GI and it's over super fast. They don't require one here but I've had them before
Welcome to our group! You've made the first step in the next phase of your life. If you have any questions or concerns, we are all here to help you. Good Luck!