Breast Lift and Cold Feet - Killeen, TX

I finally decided to research a breast lift, as I...

I finally decided to research a breast lift, as I have never had perky boobs. I am 42 y/o with 1 daughter who is 19. I am so excited about new and improved breasts but someways the excitement is overshadowed by the anxiety! I am mainly anxious about being put to sleep. I am an RN and see patients being put to sleep..... I guess that makes me somewhat of a hypochondriac. To see the vulnerability of these patients is what freaks me out the most.

I am tentatively scheduled for December 7th and am trying to remain cool and collective about it but find that somewhat challenging. My husband and daughter are very supportive.... Definitely want to press on! My surgeon is fantastic and answers all my questions thoroughly, and I feel confident in his ability and skill.

I had my pre-op today, it went well and relieved...

I had my pre-op today, it went well and relieved my fears. Friday is the big day, the hospital will call me Wednesday to give me my report time. I have so much confidence in my surgeon, and I know he will give me the beautiful breasts I have always wanted! So thankful for this site, just knowing that everyone has the same anxieties and fears is reassuring!

So I had my surgery last Friday, it was so surreal...

So I had my surgery last Friday, it was so surreal. I had some anxiety while in the Pre-op hold so I asked my nurse for some Versed. I highly recommend this medication for anyone with a bit of anxiety about getting on the OR table, having the Oxygen mask put on your face, etc. Anyway, the surgery went smooth, and I am very pleased with my Surgeons skills. PO day 1,2 and 3 went well, day 4 was awful. The chest tightness on Day 4 was intense and it caused me some anxiety. However, I got passed all that and am pleased to say the day 5 has been awesome! Tightness in the chest has decreased significantly, and the pain has been almost non-existent. In fact, pain was never an issue, I took Vicodin twice in the first 12hours post op, and since then just Motrin, Tylenol, and icepacks. My post op visit went well, and my surgeon is happy with how they look.
Dr Day

Do you have any pics? Did your nipples look scary if u look at mine I'm freaking about how mine look period!!! I just had them done on the 19th maybe I'm over reacting but you will see what I mean!!!!
Thanks for updating lrbyrnc. Congrats on the new boobies :-)
How are you doing after the op?
I am doing well. Got up this morning and realized that I slept most of the night on my side, and it was soooo comfortable! Day 4 was the absolute WORST for me, not from a pain stand point, but from an emotional stand point. Once I get the nerve up I will post pictures, I don't know why I am so apprehensive about posting. I certainly appreciate all the pictures that all the other ladies have posted. Anyway, back to work tomorrow, hope that goes well!
Hope your first day back to work went well! I'm looking forward to pics when you feel ready :-)
Hope all went well with sx!
Surgery did go well, lots of swelling today though. Monday is my initial post-op visit and I will get a good look at the girls then! I am sure they will be perfect!
What kind of lift did you have?
Looking forward to seeing the pics!
I will post pics once the dressing come off. It's not to painful, but it is very uncomfortable such as tightness and pressure. Sleeping was difficult last night, but mainly because I had to sleep on my back but I typically sleep on my stomach. I did take a little peak this morning and I was pleased with what I did see. I gently rubbed my nipples through the bandages and was happy that my sensation was the same as before the surgery.
Good luck tomorrow! My lift is February 21st and I can't wait! Will you be posting before and after pics? It's always great to see just lifts without the implants to get an idea on how I may look after.
I will post some pics when my bandages come off. I did get a little peak this am and I feel like they look exactly how I wanted. Good luck with your surgery!
My pre-op is tomorrow, and i feel like my anxiety has decreased a bit. I have all the confidence in my surgeon I just hope that my breasts are perky and full once this is done. I am glad that I will see my PS tomorrow to ensure that he is completely aware of my desired outcomes. I am going to see if maybe we can do a little lipo during the surgery.
Wishing you the best! Btw, who is your ps?
Thank you, Dr. Day is my PS
Good luck. Don't fret you will be fine. Keeping you in prayer.
Hi I felt the same way. I was nervous & overthinking everything. Wish you the best of luck. I just had a ubl on 10/30. Who is your Dr & which type of lift are you having done?
Dr Day is my PS and he will we performing the Lolipop lift.

I know anesthesia can be scary. I hope you're able to put that anxiety aside and pursue your goals. Please keep us posted as you get closer to the big day!

I have been performing elective cosmetic surgery for 22 years, and have never had an anesthetic complication. Yes it can happen, but it is extremely rare. Good luck
Thank you, it is always nice to have more reassurance.