3 Kids in 4yrs = Mommy Makeover - Pennsylvania

I had surgery 2 days ago on sept 2nd. I have 2...

I had surgery 2 days ago on sept 2nd. I have 2 pain pumps and 2 drains. The pain pumps are great, currently I am not on any medication. The pain is fine until I stand up, I can't stand up straight and I think that's normal but how long does that last? My back is sore from that. Also how much walking vs. resting should I do?

It's labor day weekend and I don't want to bug my surgeon. I had a breast augmentation and tummy tuck. Today I'm doing much better than yesterday that's for sure! I'll have to take & upload some pics when I get the chance but it looks great so far. I'm just pretty bored being stuck inside on this beautiful weekend! lol

If you want to do this surgery, definitely find a board-certified surgeon who uses 2 pain pumps it makes all the difference.

He is the only one at the hospital I went to who uses 2 pain pumps, he puts the incisions in the armpit so they are hidden, and he is a nice guy who is a perfectionist. Good combination for a surgeon, oh and he has a sense of humor too :)

Thanks Angie, I'm so excited and feeling great about things today. Lunch, shopping, massage, mani/pedi... I'm ready to go! I hope to be posting my post-ops soon! I do remember the itching after my c-sections. Palmers was soothing, but you may be too soon post-op for lotions and creams just yet?? Maybe a heating pad or dry icepack?? Not sure if those are allowed, but I'll ask my Dr in the morning!
Angie, I'm 5'10" so not quite as tall as you :) I still have to take and upload pics, will do that as soon as I can find my camera lol Sicily35 good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine, I didn't have c-sections so I don't know how this compares with them but I think you'll be surprised at how quickly the body heals. Right now my biggest concern is the itching. I know it's normal and a good sign but I wish it would be done with. Each day it gets better. I didn't have lipo with mine but part of my abdomen is numb so if I were to have had lipo there I wouldn't have felt it if that makes sense. You'll do great, I guess tomorrow is your big day! :)
congratulations on your progress, sounds like you made it through the weekend just fine. 6 days countdown for me!! My doctors office says their patients end up taking the same amount of by mouth pain meds even with the pain pump. I don't know how much more intense the pain will be than with my c-sections. I tolerated that pain alright. Did you have Lipo along with the TT. I'm most concerned about the lipo pain!! I can't believe the day is almost here!!
Update: Dr. said I look like I'm 3 1/2 weeks post op which is great news. He took out the pain pumps and drains which hurt a little but it was alright. The implants dropped and look very natural. He said I can start trying to stand up straight but don't force it and I should be able to do so fully in about a week. Yay!

I bet you look awesome. Do you have pics to show us?

thanks! Sicily35, I'd definitely do the pain pump if given the option. The hospital staff was raving about how great it is when doctors use them, the patients need less pain meds (which means less side effects) and it's constant so no need to worry about timing medication or anything. I can't imagine doing what I did without mine! Good luck on your surgery but I'm sure you'll do great :) Don't forget to update us! Angiemcc, I just recently read those posts as well. I'm really tall so I look even more hunchbacked than usual. Can't wait to stand up straight again...! Thank you! Also today I'm doing much better. Tomorrow I go back to the dr. so they can do a breast massage. It sounds really painful...ouch. I'll be glad to get rid of all the drains though! One other thing, before and after your surgery make sure you load up on fiber and drink extra water. You do not want to be constipated after getting a tummy tuck!

How tall are you? I'm super tall myself (six-two).

From what I've read, you can expect to be a little hunched for a few weeks. Here are what some doctors have to say about standing up straight after a tummy tuck.

I agree with Sicily. If you have any concerns, call your doctor. That's why they make the big bucks! :)

my surgery is in less than 2 weeks, I wouldn't hesitate to ask your Doctor a question, even if it is the weekend. They expect to be called! My Doctor told me to try to walk 10 minutes every hour as tolerated, the more your up and walking the less chance for blood clots to form however, he also said not to overdo it, don't try to straighten up, it's okay to walk hunched over according to my DR. I am trying to decide if the pain pump is necessary or not. Would you recommend it? I am having a full TT with lipo. Congratulations on your surgery!