Breast Reconstruction/revision Looks GREAT!

Dr. Khouri redid my breast reconstruction and has...

Dr. Khouri redid my breast reconstruction and has made me whole again. My breasts look and feel natural - something I never thought possible. My implants were cold, hard and looked fake, now my breasts are warm and soft. I've even regained some sensation. I'm so happy and am more confident than ever before. I have my life back! My only regret is that I didn't find him sooner.
Insurance covered all my procedures - at the most I had approx. $700 out-of-pocket expense.

Since you asked for an update, I'm happy to oblige! I'm still very, very happy and in October it will be 3 years since Dr. Khouri did my reconstruction revision. My breasts look and feel natural and I have feeling in the upper pole and cleavage area that I didn't have with implants. As before, my only regret is not having found him sooner so I could have had my DMX with immediate fat grafting instead of the Tissue Expander/implant route. I'll forever be grateful to Dr. Khouri.

Thanks so much for offering your opinion on your doctor.

With more detail about your experience - such as tips for getting good results, pros/cons, before & after photos - our team can add your story to the Breast Reconstruction community.

Dr Khouri redid my breast reconstruction.....UPDATE (oops - posted as comment in error)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Dr. Khouri redid my breast reconstruction - UPDATE photo

I know a picture is worth a thousand words, so here you are....

You are extremely lucky that you found Khouri before he started doing experiments on non-consenting patients. Check out my review and see what he did to me--you can skip down to my last update..........BTW, did Khouri remove your implants from the conspicuous (very visible) sides of your breasts, like he did with me? He put two, 2"-2.5" incisions in PLAIN sight! Now I can't wear a bathing suit without everyone seeing my ugly scars!
Wow they look to good to be true , Where are the pictures post up and with the splint ... Please post more pictures so I can believe he did a beautiful job on some women makes me fell so happy for you Cause he destroyed my breats
I'm looking into using this doctor... Would you happen to know the price range w/o insurance?

still happy and very much a REAL patient with REAL results

There's been so much negativity posted that I had to respond. Here is my history: Jan 2010 double MX with immediate TEs placed for reconstruction. May 2010 exchange surgery with silicone implants. Dr. Khouri's first revision surgery was Oct 2010, with final touch up surgery Mar 2011.
Aside from the initial revision surgery, I was up and resumed normal activities (except upper body exercises) within a few days. I always drove (passenger, of course) 4-1/2 hrs back home same day of surgery and returned for post-op appointment. To me pain was equivalent to super intense muscle soreness after working out. Lipo numbness and tingling/stinging takes longer and some small spots of numbness took months to resolve. Noone can spot the lipo holes - I still love the results from the lipo. My breasts still look great and I am still a very happy reconstruction patient. Dr. Khouri did an amazing job. I will not name the plastic surgeon who did my initial MX and reconstruction surgeries because I do not fault him in the least for less than perfect results. He is a very skilled, very respected surgeon and I was lucky to get him at the time. He gave me beautiful nipples! I didn't know about fat grafting for reconstruction and didn't do much research. Getting rid of the cancer was foremost on my mind. I post because every woman should know about ALL reconstruction/augmentation procedures and in my opinion and my own experience, Dr. Khouri has pioneered the best method of regaining beautiful, soft, warm and natural looking breasts. I am posting these photos because some of the nasty posts have implied that my photo wasn't real or my story fabricated. I've been DONE for a long time and I am REAL. My photos are REAL. My results are REAL.

I see you came onto my review, so here I am returning the favor. I agree, your reconstruction procedure dose look beautiful. He did a great job on you..... Maybe if I had also needed a post mastectomy reconstruction, then I would be raving, like you. But I am NOT a MASTECTOMY PATIENT. I still have breast tissue and mammary glands. Nonetheless Dr. Khouri gave me a similar flap procedure. And I only found this out AFTER I was out of surgery, not before--I would NEVER have agreed to this procedure, had I been given a choice, which unfortunately I had NOT......I also did not want a permanent, mesh, BARBED, painful, suture implant, called a Refine device put into me, again, WITHOUT my knowledge or consent...The device is relatively new and so maybe he did not put this into you--and THAT is why you're not in pain like the rest of us are......... Maybe Dr. Khouri should just stick with what he does best --mastectomy reconstruction and revisions and stop experimenting on the rest of us.
Also, insurance doesn't cover our surgeries. We don't have anyone laying for us to back and have him fix us again and again..... You can look at all the review by women whose doctors (not Khouri) removed their implants and transferred fat. NONE of them had the bizarre procedures that miagirl1234, americandreamgirl, and I had. Only one month out and they were back in the swing of things...... I, on the other hand, am painfully going into my third month post op and a miagirl is in her sixth month and is STILL feeling intense pain from that implanted device--which was put into her without her consent. If we had known how much we would be suffering, do you think we would have agreed to the procedure? Of course not.....
$700????
Miami Plastic Surgeon

From the first meeting, I knew I was in the best hands. You immediately know that he will take good care of you and do everything in his power to make you whole again. He is the BEST and has pioneered the Brava plus AFT procedure. Surgeons come from all over the world to learn from him and patients come from all over the world to be treated by him. I was so lucky to find him and that he is in-network with my insurance (BC/BS)