Breast Reconstruction/revision Looks GREAT!

Dr. Khouri redid my breast reconstruction and has...

Dr. Khouri redid my breast reconstruction and has made me whole again. My breasts look and feel natural - something I never thought possible. My implants were cold, hard and looked fake, now my breasts are warm and soft. I've even regained some sensation. I'm so happy and am more confident than ever before. I have my life back! My only regret is that I didn't find him sooner.
Insurance covered all my procedures - at the most I had approx. $700 out-of-pocket expense.

Dr Khouri redid my breast reconstruction.....UPDATE (oops - posted as comment in error)

Since you asked for an update, I'm happy to oblige! I'm still very, very happy and in October it will be 3 years since Dr. Khouri did my reconstruction revision. My breasts look and feel natural and I have feeling in the upper pole and cleavage area that I didn't have with implants. As before, my only regret is not having found him sooner so I could have had my DMX with immediate fat grafting instead of the Tissue Expander/implant route. I'll forever be grateful to Dr. Khouri.

Dr. Khouri redid my breast reconstruction - UPDATE photo

I know a picture is worth a thousand words, so here you are....

still happy and very much a REAL patient with REAL results

There's been so much negativity posted that I had to respond. Here is my history: Jan 2010 double MX with immediate TEs placed for reconstruction. May 2010 exchange surgery with silicone implants. Dr. Khouri's first revision surgery was Oct 2010, with final touch up surgery Mar 2011.
Aside from the initial revision surgery, I was up and resumed normal activities (except upper body exercises) within a few days. I always drove (passenger, of course) 4-1/2 hrs back home same day of surgery and returned for post-op appointment. To me pain was equivalent to super intense muscle soreness after working out. Lipo numbness and tingling/stinging takes longer and some small spots of numbness took months to resolve. Noone can spot the lipo holes - I still love the results from the lipo. My breasts still look great and I am still a very happy reconstruction patient. Dr. Khouri did an amazing job. I will not name the plastic surgeon who did my initial MX and reconstruction surgeries because I do not fault him in the least for less than perfect results. He is a very skilled, very respected surgeon and I was lucky to get him at the time. He gave me beautiful nipples! I didn't know about fat grafting for reconstruction and didn't do much research. Getting rid of the cancer was foremost on my mind. I post because every woman should know about ALL reconstruction/augmentation procedures and in my opinion and my own experience, Dr. Khouri has pioneered the best method of regaining beautiful, soft, warm and natural looking breasts. I am posting these photos because some of the nasty posts have implied that my photo wasn't real or my story fabricated. I've been DONE for a long time and I am REAL. My photos are REAL. My results are REAL.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

From the first meeting, I knew I was in the best hands. You immediately know that he will take good care of you and do everything in his power to make you whole again. He is the BEST and has pioneered the Brava plus AFT procedure. Surgeons come from all over the world to learn from him and patients come from all over the world to be treated by him. I was so lucky to find him and that he is in-network with my insurance (BC/BS)

I see you came onto my review, so here I am returning the favor. I agree, your reconstruction procedure dose look beautiful. He did a great job on you..... Maybe if I had also needed a post mastectomy reconstruction, then I would be raving, like you. But I am NOT a MASTECTOMY PATIENT. I still have breast tissue and mammary glands. Nonetheless Dr. Khouri gave me a similar flap procedure. And I only found this out AFTER I was out of surgery, not before--I would NEVER have agreed to this procedure, had I been given a choice, which unfortunately I had NOT......I also did not want a permanent, mesh, BARBED, painful, suture implant, called a Refine device put into me, again, WITHOUT my knowledge or consent...The device is relatively new and so maybe he did not put this into you--and THAT is why you're not in pain like the rest of us are......... Maybe Dr. Khouri should just stick with what he does best --mastectomy reconstruction and revisions and stop experimenting on the rest of us.
Also, insurance doesn't cover our surgeries. We don't have anyone laying for us to back and have him fix us again and again..... You can look at all the review by women whose doctors (not Khouri) removed their implants and transferred fat. NONE of them had the bizarre procedures that miagirl1234, americandreamgirl, and I had. Only one month out and they were back in the swing of things...... I, on the other hand, am painfully going into my third month post op and a miagirl is in her sixth month and is STILL feeling intense pain from that implanted device--which was put into her without her consent. If we had known how much we would be suffering, do you think we would have agreed to the procedure? Of course not.....
$700????
Yes - I'm "lucky" since I had breast cancer, my insurance covered my procedure. "Lucky", that I got diagnosed at the end of a calendar year so I got to pay my yearly $3,000 deductible twice in a manner of a few weeks. Lucky me! Yes, my $700 was a real bargain! smh........
You are extremely lucky that you found Khouri before he started doing experiments on non-consenting patients. Check out my review and see what he did to me--you can skip down to my last update..........BTW, did Khouri remove your implants from the conspicuous (very visible) sides of your breasts, like he did with me? He put two, 2"-2.5" incisions in PLAIN sight! Now I can't wear a bathing suit without everyone seeing my ugly scars!
You are extremely unlucky, I suppose. I personally know many of Dr. Khouri's patients who are very happy with what he was able to do for them. I believe I saw that your surgery was about 2 months ago? You probably have much more healing to do before you have a truly finished result. Dr. Khouri re-used my MX scars, which makes sense until as the months went by, that MX scar became very dimpled. Fat droplets won't hold and survive along a fresh incision, so as I healed and the scar contracted, that dimpling become visible. Dr. Khouri grafted more fat along those MX scars in my final surgery and the results are wonderful. This dimpling is the reason he removes implants from under the arm area now. You can see from my photos, that scar lines WILL fade. Even my actual MX scars are very, very light now. With time, I'm sure your scars will also become barely visible. This procedure is not a quick fix - it does take time to fully heal. Breast area and especially the lipo'd areas. With revision surgeries, there is so much damage and scar tissue. In your case, you had repeated implant surgeries. That must have made your surgery much more challenging. I also had capsular contracture and scar tissue that gave Dr. Khouri additional issues. I'm very sorry that you are unhappy, but the negativity and viciousness of some of the recent posts surely aren't helpful to anyone. Peace.....
Wow they look to good to be true , Where are the pictures post up and with the splint ... Please post more pictures so I can believe he did a beautiful job on some women makes me fell so happy for you Cause he destroyed my breats
I'm looking into using this doctor... Would you happen to know the price range w/o insurance?
Sorry - my advice is to schedule a consult to get all the info, including price.
You look absolutely fabulous. I have had implants for 6 years with capsular contraction, I really don't want implants anymore and would love to try this procedure but I know it's risky as well. Thanks for sharing your story.
I'm very grateful for what I have. I would do the surgeries again in a heart beat. The first one to switch to smaller implants involved work on the pockets and capsulectomy (repair work, so to speak....) but waking up with TEs after my DMX was worse. Much worse! I didn't think the fat grafting was that bad. Felt like being super sore after a hard work out. Yes, there are always risks, but I just can't thank Dr. Khouri enough for what he has done for me. Wishing you the very best.
With my initial exchange from TEs to implants, yes, they felt hard and cold. Anyone could tell they were implants - there's just nothing to "hide" them. In addition, one of them rolled to the side whenever I was on my back. Talk about OBVIOUS! Has nothing to do about being vain - that was my goal as well: to be NORMAL again. That's how I feel again. Normal :-)
You're lucky Anotherview hasn't seen your site yet.....
Flat2fake2free'n'fab that is not a real picture... She needs more photos to make it real.... we all have lots of pictures I'm going to update mine with more photos
Seriously????! This is not a "real" picture? I live in Central Florida and you can come anytime and I will show you exactly how real they look and FEEL! Geez........ It's been almost 4 years and I don't live on these forums - I will find the time to post more photos. Not to prove myself to the negative and vicious posters out there, but rather to offer encouragement to the women trying to find information and answers.
I'm coming to visit I want you 2 see mine also and ask him why he made mine ugly
Anytime - I've flashed so many people by now I should start charging..... :-) On a serious note, yes - he is the one you should see and address your concerns to.
HappyRecon, I too do not live on these types of web sites either, but I just now read your story thank you for sharing it and for also making sure others who are researching Dr. Khouri know the truth. He is an amazing plastic surgeon! The people with the usernames: miagirl1234, Flat2fake2Free'nfab, and the other one who's username starts with a "B" I can't remember it right now they are doing the same thing to me, saying I am not real and that I work for Miami Breast Center. I guess they are trying to get a rise out of both of us. I know what I experienced, I know first hand how awesome the whole staff at Miami Breast Center is, nothing they post will ever change my mind about that but what I don't like is how damaging they are trying to be to Dr. Khouri's reputation and the Miami Breast Center.
I think you posted that you live in Kentucky? That would be quite a commute for you! I try to keep my own drive to work a little less than 4 hours as well. LOL. Seriously - yes, nothing anyone says or posts about me on here is of any significance to me, but like you, I don't like what they are doing to discredit a surgeon dedicated to making women whole again. Not sure if you know, but he used to perform flap surgeries for many, many years but felt there had to be a better way rather than patchwork reconstruct a breast. This really is his passion - yes, he is an amazing plastic surgeon.
I totally agree with you! And yes my drive time to work is more like 21 hrs by car and 6hrs by flight! Ha! I think the world of Dr Khouri and know he truly cares about me and my desires on how I want to look. I've got one more surgery on Aug 26th and then I should be done. Because I do not want to be any larger Dr Khouri said I will not need to wear the BRAVA system prior to the surgery. My sister who is a nurse will be going with me and she is a huge help. I am do thankful I had this opportunity to have this procedure instead of flaps and implants and even more thankful I had the opportunity to have it done by Dr Khouri!
You guys can post a whole day how wonderful dr. Khouri is but it's not helping him I have people private messaging me and calling me and even visiting me and all of them know the truth , sorry you can continue posting but the truth is winning :)))
That's great that you don't have to wear Brava - I only wore one dome for a very short time just before my initial revision surgery. I had an area where my skin was pretty much stuck to the chest wall. It was pretty noticeable, especially with the edge of the big implant. The Brava really is an amazing contraption - after just a little over a day of non-stop wear, that area felt soft and squishy. My skin took a beating but I wore it 24/7 until surgery a couple days later and it made the space he needed for the fat to take.
I had to wear the BRAVA for 3 weeks prior to my 2nd surgery. I started out week one wearing it 4hrs/nightly in creasing to 10hrs/nightly by the end of the week. 2nd week I worked up to 14hrs with the turbo machine mostly at night and the last week 14 hours with turbo last two days prior to surgery 18hrs. I followed Dr Khouri's instructions to the T and had plenty of room for the fat to take. It wasn't easy to do but I made the sacrifices needed to do it correctly! I watched a lot of Netflex with my kids! Ha!
I had the turbo too! Wheeled that thing everywhere :-) You wore it much longer than me, but like you, I was determined and the space created by the Brava was simply incredible. Dr. Khouri was quite pleased when he saw me on surgery day and the fat took beautifully. I slept on the couch and yes - lots of movies! I hear the turbo has gone through some modifications too. Mine was on 4 wheels with a long cord so I pulled it behind me all through the house. Kind of like a pet on a leash. It helps to have a healthy sense of humor with all this but dedication is definitely essential.
Oh my on wheels??? You were a trooper! Mine was more like a purse, it had a shoulder strap you could just throw over and go. I was actually able to sleep in the bed with it and it didn't disturb my husband too much. A few times the seal would break and the alarm would sound but it was not areal loud, enough for me to hear it.