Tummy Tuck Scheduled for April 5th

I have now added some before photos. I am 5'5 and...

I have now added some before photos. I am 5'5 and 142lbs. I have 2 weeks until my surgery! I am so excited but also nervous!! I have my pre op appointment on the 30th and my Surgery on April 5th. I feel like I have chosen a good PS and just hope that everything goes smoothly.

Does anyone recomend anything to use on the TT scar? I bought some mederma but didn't know if the strips would work better or maybe something else.

Well I finally got my TT!!!!After reading many...

Well I finally got my TT!!!!

After reading many stories on here I thought the pain was going to be much worst. When I woke up from surgery I was in a lot of pain so they gave me morphene, but afer leaving the hospital it hasn't been so bad, I just take my pain meds when I get uncomfortable. I also take an antibiotic 4 times a day and meds for nausea meds when needed. After taking a nap or sitting down too long my back starts hurting. When I walk around it helps alot and I also got some pain relieving lotion from walmart called Aspercreme, and it works great. I use it on my back and neck.

My mouth was extremely dry after surgery and the next day. So the best things to have is bottled water, fruit, popsicles, and salads. I brought almonds, special K granola and crackers but I couldn't eat it because it made my mouth even more dry.

I am very swollen, but I think the compression garment is helping a lot. My Dr. told me which one to order and I love it, fits great! Although it was a bit pricy, over $100. It's hard to tell if I am complety happy with the results or not because I am so swollen, but I think the turnout will be good.

I will be posting post op pictures tommorrow! :)

I added some Post op pics just to kinda show how...

I added some Post op pics just to kinda show how my recovery is going. I am still very swollen and can't stand up completely straight but it is getting better. I am just ready to be active again but I know this will take time.

Hello everyone! I am scheduled for a tummy tuck...

Hello everyone! I am scheduled for a tummy tuck on April 5 and soo very excited! I am a young 21 yr old mother of two children, a 4yr old and 2 yr old. The two pregnancies left my stomach with saggy skin and stretch marks everywhere! I feel like getting the surgery will improve my self esteem drastically.

My surgeon seems great. He said that he does 1-2 tummy tucks a week, so he is very experienced. I will be posting pre-op pics soon.

I am 2 weeks 3 days post op today and I...

I am 2 weeks 3 days post op today and I FINNNAAALLY got my drain taken out! I was soo glad to have it removed. I also got the stiches or whatever their called out of my belly button. My belly button looks 100xs better now that there out. I can now start putting my mederma on. My Dr. told me to take it easy for at least another week and then I can slowly start back to exercising again. I will probably just start out by bringing my dogs on a walk or something light at first and then building myself back up.

I will be posting updated pics soon! :)

Also, my Dr. prescribed motrin to me and said that would decrease the swelling.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

How is your swelling??? Do you have any pain in your upper abs?? Hope you are doing great!!
Hey I still have swelling but its getting better, and I don't really have pain in my upper abs. It hurts like hell when I sneeze tho! I STILL have not gotten my drain out!!! It's driving me crazy. I was suppose to get it taken out today but I still have too much fluid draining. I drained 58mL in a 24 hour period yesterday and it has to be below 30mL. Worst of all, my Dr doesn't want me to shower until I get my drain out. Its been like 11 days now of no shower!!! I clean myself off with a towel and wash my compression garment everyday but I still feel disgusting!!!! I saw you had 2 drain tubes, I guess that makes a difference b/c I only have one. Anyways, I'm doing okay other that the drain thing but I think I will feel 100% better after I get the drain out and get a shower! lol So how are you doing???
Looking hot Chica! Keep positive thoughts flowing! Healing will go way faster and better!
Your tummy looks fabulous already! I'm so glad everything is going well for you. Keep us posted.
You look great!! I am totally trying to keep my focus on the end prize!!! This is really hard for me!! I feel like i can't do anything and i HATE that!!! Hoping to continue to heal well!!!
Can wait to see your after pics! I had mine done on the 8th. I'm 21 with 2 kids too! Hope everything keeps going well for you.
Post-op pics would be awesome! Even during the swelling, it might help others (like me) that are contemplating the procedure see what you actually have to go through. I hope all is well for you and I hope your recovery is relatively easy going! :) Good luck!!
So glad to hear everything is going good! Can't wait to see your new tummy!!
Hey girl, glad to hear everything is going good for you too, other than all the nausea. I really was expecting alot worst of a recovery, but I guess everyone is different. Are you going to be posting your post op pics? I want to but I still have alottt of swelling. Do you keep your compression garment on all day? My nurse told me to take mine off for 1 hour a day. It makes me feel better too, so I can let my tummy breath for a bit and take a look at the swelling. Also, have you taken the tape like gauze stuff out of your belly button? I don't go see my Dr. until next thursday so I dno if I should wait or not...
Hey girl! How r u?? We did iT!!!!
GOOD LUCK!!!!! I am so happy to have found your blog. I'm 24 mother of two, same height,and weigh a few pounds more then you....I have my saggy skin then you but our stats are almost the same. I can't wait to hear about your progress.
Good luck!! I just had my tt on March 25th, 2010. I'm feeling much better now. The scar is scary a bit but I know I have to give my body time to heal. As for what to put on it, don't put anything until your plastic surgeon recomends or gives you something!! You don't want an infection. I'm getting my stitches removed on Wednesday and I think he will be giving me sylicone strips. I had a breast lift and that's what he gave me and my scaring is minimal. I will let you know exacally what they are when I get them but make sure you clear it with your plastic surgeon before. By the way get ready for a tuff week. Stay on top of the pain, make sure you take your pain medication regulary. Don't get discouraged as I did, before you know it you will be walking up straight again. And you will learn to love the corsett you have to wear for 6 weeks!! Keep us posted....
Thanks for the tips. I asked my PS what I should put on the scar after it has closed completely and he just told me to put my favorite moisturizing cream on it??? Didn't help much. I'm mainly worried about the ride home the next day, it's 2 hours away. I really like the girdle thing that the PS told me to order, it looks great and doesn't look like it will be too bad.
Good luck on Monday. I'll be think of you.
Thank you!
We r scheduled the SAME day!! I have my pre Opp tomorrow i will let you know how that goes! I am also super nervous, and anxious. I am excited to meet with my doc. tomorrow hoping that will put some of the jitters to rest!!!
Hey how did your pre op appointment go? Did the Dr give any helpful advice for before or after surgery? Are you going on a cleanse diet before the surgery? lol lots of ?'s I know!! Good Luck we have less than 2 weeks!! Its getting close!
HEy He really didn't spend Toooo much time with me at the pre opp. it was mostly his nurse! She just gave me all my prescriptions and info about the surgery center and what not. When he came in it was mostly just to say that yep we r having surgery in a week. How do i feel...i told him i was wicked nervous and he said you will be great. Have nothing to worry about. And then we just small talked! I felt like there wasn't much to talk about! He doesn't want me to do a cleanse or anything like that! I am just ready to get it done and start the recovery! I am at the point where i think that no matter how much i read all these posts or prepare nothing like going through it!!! I am sure we will each have our own special way of coping with the recovery! i am sooooo anxious.....how about You? Let me know how your pre opp goes maybe you will have something for me! O i do remember one thing the nurse told me.....that the drains come out when i have two consecutive days of 20ml output or less! So i am hoping that happens by my post check up at 7 days?!?!? Talk to you soon!!! eekkkk
Great Before shots. Thanks so much. Looking forward to the Afters! Wishing you a smooth treatment.
Hey girl, my TT is scheduled for a week from Monday on the 29th. I know you are excited, because I am ecstatic :) Good luck and keep updating!
how soon can you shower after tummy tuck surgery?
I'm not sure, but my PS said to wait until I get the drain removed.

Can't wait to see the pics! If you want, we can also post up video...just let us know!

Good luck! Keep us all posted! Don't get too nervous, it'll be over and done before you know it, and you'll be so happy with your results.