Perfectly Straight! - Kennesaw, GA

I had lingual braces for two years. I now have...

I had lingual braces for two years. I now have perfectly straight teeth as a result. I am extremely happy with my teeth. I decided to get braces because my front teeth were crocked and I was biting my lip allot as a result. I did have to pay more for the lingual braces but it was worth it because of my age (mid 30's), my job and I was dating at the time. It is an adjustment at first when the lingual braces are put on, as is any type of braces. I had the traditional braces as a teenager, but did not wear my retainer. That was an expensive lesson learned. The lingual braces will at first give you a slight lisp but after two weeks you adjust. I used a water pik daily to help clean the braces and used Brace-eze when I would get any slight irritation from a wire or bracket after an adjustment. I think anyone getting braces needs to realize that regardless of the type braces you have, braces are meant to correct misaligned teeth and that comes with a slight discomfort at times due to teeth moving. Lingual braces are not anymore uncomfortable than regular traditional braces on the front of your teeth. It is extremely important that you have a very well trained Orthodontist and staff, check with people who have had braces or read online reviews. I spoke with many people who had gone to my Orthodontist before making my appointment. He came highly recommended, in fact my niece now sees him as well. I hope if you decide to get lingual braces that your experience is a pleasant one like mine.

I would like to note after reading other reviews...

I would like to note after reading other reviews that I also had one baby tooth extracted and had one implant put in. This was a result of me never having a permanent tooth. I did not experience any negative impact or side effects of this. Then I had two crowns put in on both of my lateral incisors because they were both too small. I believe allot of the negative reviews are a direct result of the orthodontist chosen. It is critical to do allot of research on the type of braces and the orthodontist doing the work. I waited months before scheduling my initial consult and then once I had my consult I waited a few more months to make my decision. In that time I spoke with people who were wearing or had worn braces previously. Do diligent research on your provider BEFORE getting the braces!

Atlanta Orthodontist

Never had any problems. If a bracket or wire was loose I could call and get in that day for repair. Used Care credit to pay for the braces and it was interest free for 24 months.

Do you happen to have before/afters to show us? :)  I have the same baby tooth problem!

Thank you for sharing with us that you had such a positive experience with lingual braces. You make a very good point of how important researching your provider is.

I know there are different brands of lingual braces, do you happen to know which brand/style were used on you? I'm wondering if that style may be something worth looking into for people considering lingual braces.